Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My printer's steps will not change. Please Help!!!

Posted by knife-edge 
My printer's steps will not change. Please Help!!!
December 19, 2014 07:57PM
So I finally have my smartrap built, but I keep trying to change the steps per mm in the preconfigured marlin for the smartrap. I know that I have the same motor configuration defined as I am changing the values in but it doesnt care what values I put in. It will always move 100mm per 100mm on the x and y (it doesnt matter what your step value is, I put 1 and it still moved the same). And the z axis only moves 13mm when I tell it to move 10. I am really stuck and confused with this. Is there any ways that someone could send me the marlin files if I give them my parameters for the steps that I want? I have no clue why it is not working and it is driving me insane!!

Thanks,
Griffin
Re: My printer's steps will not change. Please Help!!!
December 19, 2014 08:15PM
How are you changing the settings? Are you using the LCD controller to do that? If so, don't for get to save them as well or they will only be temporary.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
December 19, 2014 09:41PM
No. I am doing it in configuration h. I do not understand why it does not care what the values are. I am using pronterface to move the axis but I can't see how pronterface would be the issue.
December 20, 2014 05:26AM
I do believe it's your memory ( it happened to me a few times ). You should try to do a M502 to reset the eeprom values.. take care, it will do a big change with all values reset to default ( the one you set in config.h).

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
December 20, 2014 04:47PM
Ok i have finally gotten that worked out and did a test print. It proved the z but didn't do an autolevel like I thought it would. I put the G29 command in within the gcode in cura. Am I using the wrong command? And how do I get the z offset into the gcode?
December 31, 2014 10:20PM
You have to set the z-offset in the marlin configuration.h

You have to use G28 before G29
January 02, 2015 07:10PM
Haha I have the issue worked out. Thanks to all!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login