Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sethmo's Smartrap Core Build v1.0

Posted by sethmo 
Re: Sethmo's Smartrap Core Build v1.0
May 26, 2015 02:13PM
Oh yes...

i Fall in love with the idea, been watching update in github...

But... How will be attached the Y endstop to the motor? (i understand is the place...) Maybe need a support for it...

Sorry about not collaborate making a design, but i'm not into openjscad and only have a bit of self learning openscad to basic things.

My prusa i3 is starting to print good, maybe will make some red smartrap core pieces.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 26, 2015 03:42PM
- X comes under the head now and the cable goes with the other cables of the head
- Y is fised to the right wall and a new support is add to the right Yslide, under, to click it.

hmmm, gives me an idea. Merci Serge!!
May 26, 2015 05:49PM
Thanks, i don't see that the Y endstop was changed to other side...

But maybe is a good idea to put some add, like in the left Y slide, to give more surface to contact...
May 26, 2015 08:04PM
One endstop on the y motor another on the x carriage. Route the wires up with your hotend/fan wiring.
May 29, 2015 02:39PM
Not much to update. I went back to the Smartcore extruder and got two 20mm boxes to print. Not the best quality but turned out OK for first prints. Print was done at 50mm/s which is probably a bit fast to start out at.

Suggestions on fine tuning?

May 29, 2015 04:18PM
The object seems thinner every 20 layers or so. Is that caused by some slicing artifact or do you have some problem on Z?
Are belts tight?
May 29, 2015 10:14PM
It could be that my Z is not calibrated properly. Do you know what the correct equation is for the Smartcore?
June 11, 2015 09:10AM
Overdue for an update. I have been printing a lot and have had some improvement, but still not where I would like to be at yet.

Problem 1: Retraction. I swapped to my E3d V6 and while print quality improved, I still have issues with oozing and retraction. If I go 6mm or more on retraction, it seems to jam my hot end. I am using 5.5mm now and I do not get any jams, but I still get stringing and extra filament on travel moves. I think it is partially due to the length of my bowden and I have my wires hanging on my bowden tube which causes it to bend. I am going to work on fixing this tonight.

Problem 2: Overall print quality. Overall my print quality just isn't where I'd like to be. My Makibox, while a huge pain in my ass, had better print quality than what I am getting from my Smartcore. I am using 55mm/s print speed with 100mm/s travel moves, is this too fast? I have not done the PID autotune for the hot end yet, I will do that tonight, but my temp seems to hold well. I have calibrated the extruder since swapping to my E3D v6 and it seems to be pretty close. Anything else I should try or check?

New Cube looks better, corners need some work

June 11, 2015 10:33AM
Move the extruder to the center of the wall and shorten the Bowden tube as much as possible. Try to remove any un-needed twist.

In Slic3r
Check Avoid crossing perimeters.
Check Only retract when Crossing Perimeters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login