Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Smart Rap Core build

Posted by Zlob 
Re: Another Smart Rap Core build
June 26, 2015 05:08PM
Jerry's design for the z axis uses 8mm lead screw and 8mm rods. I plan on printing the parts this weekend and ordering parts to convert my dual belt driven z axis to leadscrews.
[www.youmagine.com]

My non heated print bed is made up of the following:

304.8mm x 10mm square aluminum tubes attached to the Z slides from left to right. These are used to support a wood base.
Each square aluminum has a 40mm x 20mm G10 plate supported by two M3 x 20mm screws and M3 nuts. These are used to physically level the wood base.
The wood base is made up of 304.8mm x 304.8mm x 3.16mm luan.
On top of the wood base I have a 304.8mm x 304.8mm x 1.58mm galvanized steel sheet that is magnetic. This trips the inductive sensor from about 6mm away.
The last piece is a 304.8mm x 304.8mm x 1.5mm sheet of PEI. This is what the smartrapcore actually prints on. No need for tape or glue.
June 27, 2015 04:19AM
Good job joseb , as usual smiling smiley

I should try this pei ? I'm ashame , never tried it !

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
June 27, 2015 02:03PM
For the ZAxis with screw rod made by Jerry, i try to modify it to ude10mm rod and M5 or M6 screw rod, but I can't do it.
I asked to Jerry on youmagine but no answer till now.
rcjoseb
304.8mm x 10mm square aluminum tubes attached to the Z slides from left to right. These are used to support a wood base.
These are parallel to X axis, right ?

rcjoseb
The last piece is a 304.8mm x 304.8mm x 1.5mm sheet of PEI. This is what the smartrapcore actually prints on. No need for tape or glue.
What is PEI ?!?!
I tryed with S.Google but no good answer, this time...

SmartFriendz: Can you tell me what M? size of screw u use into YOUR old screw ZAxis ?
June 27, 2015 02:29PM
I saved his files as OpenSCAD, and adjusted them how I needed them.
June 27, 2015 03:33PM
madmike8
I saved his files as OpenSCAD, and adjusted them how I needed them.

I try to do the same but i'm not able to ... sad smiley
June 28, 2015 05:18PM
PEI is short for Polyetherimide. It's kind of a plastic sheet that can tolerate high temperatures. When scratched up a bit with sandpaper it can be printed on without the use of tape or glue and can be used with our without a heated bed. Lutzbotz uses it on their TAZ line of 3d printers.

[www.amazon.com]
June 30, 2015 12:18PM
Thanks all.
I'm on holiday for a week so no test until next monday ...
September 10, 2015 11:38AM
And at the end, the printer works.

I had some issue with ZSensor but i can arrange it.

Some picture:

First attempt

Ham as ckeychain

Some guitar peg for my son:

The printer work.
Now i want to add a hotbed AND a fan, but the sensor i have is 12 mm and the fan i found re for 18 ...
Still wait if someone can reduce the hole.

FORGOT to say THANKS to all ppl that help me (and other) to get SMARTCORE working !!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2015 11:39AM by Zlob.
Reconfused smileymartRap Printer Build Series - Config and Flash Firmware
May 14, 2016 09:56AM
Can anyone share the pdf doc. from rcjoseb (though it's an old youtube video) I tried the link of the blog but it doesn't seems to be working ,
Re: Reconfused smileymartRap Printer Build Series - Config and Flash Firmware
May 15, 2016 06:18AM
Sanjaykray
Can anyone share the pdf doc. from rcjoseb (though it's an old youtube video) I tried the link of the blog but it doesn't seems to be working ,
Hi,

It appear's that rcjoseb's designs are available on youmagine.com, username rc-joseb. The current URL follows...
https://www.youmagine.com/rc-joseb/designs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login