Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First 3dprinter (smartrap core) build spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by afonsus1997 
First 3dprinter (smartrap core) build spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 17, 2015 10:33AM
Hello reprap community!

A couple of weeks ago i dived in the world of 3d printing, i find it fascinating, and now i want to build my own.
I'm thinking of going with the smartrap core because it seems easy to build, solid, and low cost.
For me this is going to be a long term project due to finacial issues, but i don't care, i just want my own 3d printer!

Since i'm new on this community i have some questions and i created this topic to follow my build and try to not make any mistakes along the way.

And my first question is how and where do i get the 3d printed parts? Should i order them from the website? What's the cheapest way to get them? I'm trying to not spend no more than 50$ on the parts.

Thanks and wish me luck! smiling smiley

PS: my english may not be 100% accurate
Re: First 3dprinter (smartrap core) build spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 17, 2015 12:33PM
Hi.
I'm collecting the piece too.
But i'm afraid that yoy CAN'T spend less than 200$ (i'm now around 350 euro, but i'm buying material for two printer).
If u surf on ebay, u can easly find some KIT for electronics (Controlo board, motor, power unit) for around 200 euros.
You need to add the HOTEND (from 15 euros, aliexpress, china) some mechanics (vary on wich design you choose) and go on ...
This stuff isnt cheap at all winking smiley

My opinion and my personal price list winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 12:41PM by Zlob.
Re: First 3dprinter (smartrap core) build spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 18, 2015 10:27AM
Yeah I did my project majorly on the cheap and I spent around £140 for everything. that was including having favours done for me as in my mate printing out the parts and just finding offcuts for the MDF frame. You can get the RAMPS, arduino and stepper drivers for £15 off aliexpress if you dont mind waiting a few weeks from china. I got motors from smartfriendz website at 8euro each. most expensive bits for me were the rods for the sliders (around £30) (you need good quality hardened steel) and the powersupply (around £20).

I was fairly lucky with my cheap electronics from china (they all work so far touch wood), but if your going to buy one thing properly and not a rip off, i would thoroughly recommend getting a genuine proper hotend from say e3d. The difference in quality was a massive jump for from my chinese rip off hotend.

But yeah it probably can be done for under £100 if you really skimped/stole some of your bits, or even salvaged motors from other things. Depends on your background suppose haha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login