Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SmartRapCore Non Moving Y endstop switch

Posted by rcjoseb 
SmartRapCore Non Moving Y endstop switch
May 27, 2015 01:01AM
Serge gave me an idea for mounting the Y endstop switch to the side of the SmartRapCore so that it's fixed and does not move. Since I cannot print as of now and use his mods from GitHub, I decided to just use what hardware I had and it came out perfect! The small 40mm x 40mm plate is from HobbyKing.

[hobbyking.com]

I replaced the rear most Y sliding bearing mount screw with an M3 x 20mm screw and nut so that is long enough to trigger the Y endstop switch that will be placed underneath it.
M4 nuts are used as spacers between the Y endstop switch and the G10 plate. This enables the switch to line up with the 20mm screw.
The upper hole of the Y endstop switch is attached to the G10 plate and wood box with an M20 screw.
The lower hole of the Y end stop switch is attached to the G10 plate with an M16 screw and nut.
The G10 plate is attached to the wood box opposite the switch with an M20 screw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2015 01:02AM by rcjoseb.
Re: SmartRapCore Non Moving Y endstop switch
May 27, 2015 03:07AM
wonderfil idea to reuse the screw from the Yslide ! I didn't think about that and redesigned a new Yslide with a support on it . It's good for anyone having an old version without need to print a new part just for that . songrats smiling smiley

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
May 27, 2015 10:43AM
Thanks, Serge. Glad you like it!
May 28, 2015 02:54AM
What about optical end stop switches? Anyone using it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login