Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie building his first 3D printer

Posted by Italicus 
Re: Newbie building his first 3D printer
June 15, 2015 07:43AM
HI.
I have the answer (got from github!)
The big round piece must be a spool holder, the little one is a ramps holder.
June 16, 2015 03:07AM
Bene, vedo che finalmente piu' italiani si stanno interessando alla SmartrapCore tongue sticking out smiley

Che ne dite di scambiare un po di informazioni/consigli?
June 16, 2015 04:00AM
A disposizione.
There is an italian language forum ?
June 16, 2015 02:57PM
Zlob
A disposizione.
There is an italian language forum ?

Qua.
July 06, 2015 01:53PM
Just found this thread. Italicus, what kind of quality were you getting from all the parts ordered from Aliexpress?

It is impossible to beat those prices, but I would also rather pay more if the pieces are just going to break after a couple weeks. Were you happy with the parts you got or would you recommend going with a different distributor?
July 06, 2015 04:30PM
kkozel, as with anything it's a 50/50 chance when you buy from the chinese. I have a $10.00 all metal jhead (e3DV5 clone) that works fantastic after a little touch up. All my electronics, including the motors, were ordered via AliExpress and I have not had any issues at all with them. The belts, bearings, etc. I purchased from ebay sellers in the U.S. but of course they source their stuff from China.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 04:34PM by rcjoseb.
July 06, 2015 05:20PM
Thanks for your input. I will probably go with a mix of AliExpress and Ebay parts and do my own quality control when they arrive.
July 07, 2015 12:03PM
Hi,
due to some issues I haven't actually ordered the components yet. The project will probably stay on hold until I figure out the future ( just graduated ).

Regarding the quality, to be honest I see no difference when buying from ebay, alixpress or amazon when it comes to cheap components, in the end all the pieces come from the same chinese producers so you may as well buy from the source.
August 09, 2015 10:27PM
There is no such thing as an all-metal J-head. True J-Head hot-ends are made with high-performance plastics and have brass nozzles. Anything else is a cheap knock-off that is just stealing the name.

Best Regards,

Brian

rcjoseb
kkozel, as with anything it's a 50/50 chance when you buy from the chinese. I have a $10.00 all metal jhead (e3DV5 clone) that works fantastic after a little touch up. All my electronics, including the motors, were ordered via AliExpress and I have not had any issues at all with them. The belts, bearings, etc. I purchased from ebay sellers in the U.S. but of course they source their stuff from China.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login