Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geniehead attach

Posted by mrmillsy 
Geniehead attach
July 26, 2015 09:57PM
Hi all,

A while ago I bought a Genie head from mr Reg Pye and then I moved house from one side of the world to another. Long story short - 6 or so months later our household belongings have finally fully arrived which means that I'm not in the process of rebuilding my smartrap.

However! I'm not sure how to attach the Genie hotend to my X axis, maintaining the auto bed leveling. I currently have a 4.9.2, but I figure that doesn't matter too much. I couldn't find any stl's of a genie attachment for smartrap but I'm sure they must be out there.

Much appreciated if anyone knows where they are and can link to them for me. Unless I'm being silly and the standard JHead attach plates will work.

Cheers,
millsy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 10:41PM by mrmillsy.
Re: Geniehead attach
July 26, 2015 10:47PM
Do you remember which version of the genie you have? check regpye's website
July 27, 2015 03:21AM
It's a mark II - http://regpye.com.au/shop/viewitem.php?productid=60

I couldn't find any files for attaching the hotend on his site - I'll flick him an email shortly, but I figured here would be a good place to start as I know a few people from here have purchased and used his hotends.
July 27, 2015 09:41AM
i think the mk2 uses a standard jhead attachment. measure to verify.
July 27, 2015 11:49AM
The 4.9.2. jhead attachment parts (not lite version) will work for the genie but you may need to file down the piece on attachment plate that the arm rests on. The heatsinks may get in the way..
July 27, 2015 03:33PM
Amazing, thanks so much you two.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login