Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions or doubts confused smiley

Posted by CeledaBcn 
Questions or doubts confused smiley
August 28, 2015 01:52PM
Hi

I'm near to start print the parts for my smartrap core, i have several questions or doubts about somethings.

For the moment, i'm not sure if use double lead screw or thread rod, or new belt system i see... i'm planing to have a 200x300 hotedbed of silicone with aluminium plate.

Hope can give me your opinion to start clarify doubts.

I will post other doubts in this topic in the future...

Thanks.
Re: Questions or doubts confused smiley
August 28, 2015 05:28PM
I'm about to print my second smartcore and I'm going to move to a double z screw. My first one had a M8 threaded rod and I quickly developed z ribbing. I changed it for a proper stainless steel lead screw and brass nut - much better. Mandrav says that the second lead screw made a big difference to his prints and I can see some slight vibration in my build plate during fast print head moves so either a second lead screw or more smooth z axis rods should help stop this.
August 29, 2015 01:35AM
Ok, i see.

Thanks for the answer.

And where you gonna place it? Both at the back side, or left and right? I been thinking of put both at the back, but i think they gonna lose efectivity...
August 29, 2015 06:06PM
I am using two 5/16 threaded rods, one in the front and the other in the back. Works great! I used to use a dual belt system but the threaded rods produce better prints. My print bed is very large.

[www.youtube.com]
August 30, 2015 12:33PM
I follow your videos rcjoseb tongue sticking out smiley

But i will make the "classic" box, and only have the options of put it both at the back or at the sides.

But in the sides i have doubts about sizes to not touch the Y carriage... have to explore. And don't know how can affect the print height. If somebody can give some tips for it :-)
August 31, 2015 07:12PM
I'm going to go for the sides. Might have to get a bit clever about avoiding the y rods. I presume if you haven't cut the wood for your box yet you could account for this in the box design.
September 01, 2015 08:52AM
For the moment i'm on planing state.

And i was thinking. What about use the new Z belt system, but with a geared motor?
September 01, 2015 07:37PM
Sounds feasible to me - you might want to look for a pretty close ratio (I have seen 4:1). I've ben thinking about mounting the double z axis threaded rods outside the box as I'm planning on cutting out the centre of each box face. My current smartcore is really noisy. Looking to use the bushings that mandrav used to reduce noise too.
September 02, 2015 11:59PM
Have you looked at the 20mm or 3/4 Alu tube builds people have done. I'm going to do that with dual Z screw like a few have done. Found a nice bracket for the tube or tslot on Thingiverse. Check out my Recycled MDF thread for what it looks like. I am stacked some short pieces of Alu tube to mount the Z stepper inside the box.
September 03, 2015 05:45PM
@jjazzyj - Yes, I saw your thread - looks good. I have plenty of MDF cut to the right size square panels (need to cut out centres) and, despite all the pictorial evidence to the contrary, I just don't trust the rigidity of the alu frames which are only attached at the corners. 8mm oil-less bushings arrived today so might start printing parts this weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login