Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SmartRapCore and OpenScad

Posted by scubi 
SmartRapCore and OpenScad
September 07, 2015 04:43AM
Hi Guys,

Please could you help me. I have downloaded the SmartRapCore files from Github and opened the source files with OpenScad. I make the changes to the sizes etc and then Render the files.

However when I click on export to STL file , I get the full printer as a stl file. It show the frame & rods in the stl file. I want just the printed parts. I don't know OpenScad and like to know how do I select only the printed parts and export those in OpenScad.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Re: SmartRapCore and OpenScad
September 07, 2015 06:13AM
It's better, in my opinion, to copy the openjscad code into openjscad.org and then select the 32 bit resolution and printed parts plate, then click update. Click the export stl button and download once rendered. Then you can use netfabb to cut the parts plate into manageable chunks (using the export feature). Please say if you want me to go in to more detail on any stage.
September 07, 2015 06:57AM
Hi Smerrett79,

Thanks I appreciate it.
I do what you say, run it from the website. I will better that way. Just not too sure how to split the parts in Netfabb. What menu do I use to split the Parts in Netfabb ?

Thanks
September 08, 2015 08:07PM
Look on the right hand side of the screen. There are 3 slider bars for x,y,z axes which you can use to position a cut. Then click on "execute cut" and then adjust if needed with the + - buttons. Then confirm by clicking the "cut" button in the bottom right. You should be able to right click to select each half of the cut. Just keep going this way until you have separate parts. Then select the one you want to export by right clicking on it to get the context menu up and select "export part" into the format you want (stl at the top of the list has always been fine for me).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login