Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yoko's smart core alu build

Posted by Yoko 
Yoko's smart core alu build
December 12, 2015 04:35AM
Hi all,
This post is to document how to build smart core alu step by step and also i most probably will have alot of questions as it is my first 3d printer
My kit will be sent by next week
I have recieved some parts i bought from aliexpress
Kapton tape 230mm wide that i can apply it directly one time and not to put strip by strip
I bought mk3 heated bed and thermistors
A 350w power supply ( i know I don't want all that power but i prefered to have more than enough power)
I got 3 kg of pla red, blue and white
I got a graphical lcd but i have question about it as i have read here after i bought it that with corexy printers if i installed graphical lcd i will not be able to have more speed than 30mm/sec is there a work around to have this lcd and use the printer with higher speeds
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (155.3 KB)
open | download - image.jpeg (147.4 KB)
open | download - image.jpeg (180.5 KB)
open | download - image.jpeg (124.5 KB)
open | download - image.jpeg (68.3 KB)
open | download - image.jpeg (146.6 KB)
Re: Yoko's smart core alu build
January 01, 2016 03:03AM
I'm not sure you'll be limited to 30 mm/s but ramps will struggle with complex Lcd displays, there is only so much processing power available. My kossel mini runs a standard reprap discount Lcd fine and deltas require much more processing for their kinematics than core xy's.

You could always consider a 32 bit controller, no shortage of computing power to run everything but costs will be 5x higher than ramps.
January 09, 2016 08:08AM
My first impression that the part are very weak and fragile
The hot end carriage was broken and i found that the infill is very small as u can see in the pic
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (89 KB)
January 09, 2016 10:25AM
Another pic for quality of the parts
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (350.2 KB)
January 09, 2016 01:27PM
The extruder fan is not working at all while 5v is applied to it
January 15, 2016 06:07PM
First complete print
After a few failed prints
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (179.2 KB)
February 05, 2016 08:58AM
Yoko,

I'm just about to start a new ALU build from the kit. How are things working nowadays? Were there any parts you replaced that improved things greatly?
Right off the bat I plan to switch the hotend to a real E3D Light and the extruder to a Greg's Geared that I have lying around. Did you have much trouble getting the Bowden system running smoothly?

Love to hear an update after 2 months of working on your machine,

Cheers, Andy
February 05, 2016 09:38AM
atheimer
Yoko,

I'm just about to start a new ALU build from the kit. How are things working nowadays? Were there any parts you replaced that improved things greatly?
Right off the bat I plan to switch the hotend to a real E3D Light and the extruder to a Greg's Geared that I have lying around. Did you have much trouble getting the Bowden system running smoothly?

Love to hear an update after 2 months of working on your machine,

Cheers, Andy
Hi Andy,
I am out of town and go back home only at weekends that's why i didn't use my printer to much
Things are getting much better now
I am printing all the parts thats started to crack to have a spare just in case
Bowden extruder made a lot of problems at the start but i found that the hotend assembly wasn't tight enough (don't trust the pre-assembled parts)

For the hotend it is working good for me and i wouldn't change it soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2016 09:48AM by Yoko.
February 05, 2016 09:48AM
This pic is just now will printing my z support top part

I forgot to mention i am printing usually on 50mm/sec speed and comparing my prints with a friend how is ussing a Chinese prusa my printer quality is much better than his while he prints on speeds less than 20mm/sec

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2016 09:50AM by Yoko.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (108.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login