Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OnShape SmartrapCore...

Posted by CeledaBcn 
OnShape SmartrapCore...
January 08, 2016 12:57PM
Hi.

I sign in on OnShape to see new files of smartrapcore, and i have one doubt...

Is still parametrizable?

I want to start printing my parts, but in OnShape i don't know how to change parametres...
Maybe i print parts from version 1.2.5, and configure to use oil less bushings.
Re: OnShape SmartrapCore...
January 21, 2016 02:05AM
While you can change it, it is a long process to change each part. Its not like the openscad version were you can change it with a few parameters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 02:05AM by ixlix.
January 21, 2016 03:54PM
We tried to use paramaters for rods and bearings in onshape, but you're right, it's not centralized and it's on the model level. So if you want for example change rods size to 8mm or 6mm , you need to enter in all parts having rods and change the parameter.

I hope we will have enough resources to make it back to openscad one day .. we tried a lot of solutions and onshape is still a good one because it lets a lot of people to change deeply without learning script. No solution is perfect though smiling smiley.

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
January 24, 2016 05:57AM
Well... i don't have enough free time to learn to use onshape, and modify all the model to use oil-free bushings would be hard.

I think I'm gonna make my smartrapcore with 1.2.5 pieces, with the modifications that made smerrett79 and share with us...

Maybe, when i have my smartrapcore in service, i will update the pieces and use PLA bushings.

And i see another problem with onshape, you lose the part that you can define the print volume, i thing it's important. Maybe need to make a calculator for it, don't you think?

Thanks for the answers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login