Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frame corners and not answering emails...

Posted by DjDemonD 
Frame corners and not answering emails...
January 20, 2016 09:58AM
What are the standard frame corners on the smartrapcore alu made from? I am waiting on my kit but am considering buying metal corners in advance to save having to rebuild it if the kit comes with printed ones? It is supposed to make a big difference to frame rigidity.

Also, like some other forum members, I am concerned that smartfriendz do not reply to emails. I have sent two messages one via regular email and one via their assistance button on their website. No response to either. My order has been showing as out of stock since I ordered it 14 days ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 09:59AM by DjDemonD.
Re: Frame corners and not answering emails...
January 21, 2016 09:16AM
I have had a reply from Smartfriendz - one word of advice only send messages to them via their contact us [smartfriendz.com] page on their website or they seem to get missed.

Still no answer on the frame corners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 09:17AM by DjDemonD.
January 21, 2016 03:51PM
Hi Dj,

I'm sorry for the late reply. I know it's always frustrating when answers are too long ( i would react the same as you ) . We are working hard on production and it's true we answer better on the website support and questions ( no need to be a client for that though).

I will answer you here , as you asked here too smiling smiley About the frame corners, we used plastic ones for months and had really good results. . But it's now evolved to an evem more simple solution ( we are going to update the doc soon now ) : we use only 6x16 torx screws through profiles we drill on two angles. Profiles are directly maintained now with the screw in the top and bottom holes ( threaded at M6 ). It's much more solid and much more easy to assemble. So, there's no question about aluminium cubes or plastic ones anymore .

About the shipping, we went late in production at christmass and still are a liiiitle late for delivery. Your kit will be sent next week only ( sorry about that ).

I'm reading here too once a day , as our main forum is mainly in french, and even if everyone is speaking english there , it can be a little tricky to enter in talks. I like also to keep live here on reprap.org. It's a great place anyway smiling smiley

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
January 21, 2016 04:31PM
Hi thanks for your response. What you're selling is good value but please email buyers and tell them how long they expect to wait when they place their order. I don't mind waiting but I do mind not knowing if it will be 10 days as advertised or 10 weeks.

Good news on the corners that sounds like a very good solution. I'll save my money and wait for the kit.

It might be worth having an auto reply on your email Info@smartfriendz.com saying that users should use the web email form instead.

Looking forward to the kit. Thank you.
January 22, 2016 04:11AM
You're absolutely right for the support and our answering delay. It has been our problem for one or two months now and i know it's very frustrating.
We are workin on that to have better delay , so everyone is more happy with that .
In fact it's frustrating for me too , just because we had some mistakes in planning, we are too busy and can't answer in time.. that's not good.
Thank you for your feedback .

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login