Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AndreasL Dual Z Axis remix by me for Smartrapcore Alu

Posted by DjDemonD 
AndreasL Dual Z Axis remix by me for Smartrapcore Alu
March 16, 2016 11:53AM
Re: AndreasL Dual Z Axis remix by me for Smartrapcore Alu
May 28, 2016 03:06PM
Have added a counterweight to the above listing for the z-axis, mainly as I have made my print bed 300x200 and now it is heavy!

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions

July 18, 2016 12:49PM
Any chance you can sketch something in paint or something that shows the belt path and how its connected to the Z plate?
July 18, 2016 01:13PM
Schematic:

So the split in the belt is at the front, there are two clips in this version for the front carriage and one on the back carriage.
At the back the belt goes through the clip.

Clip one of the ends of the belt on at the front, then put an object like a coke can or something under the bed at the back, clip that belt on, move the can to the front and do the remaining clip up with a little tension on it. This ensures it's reasonably level. It doesn't have to be perfect you can do the rest with bed levelling screws.

Hope this helps.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 03:53PM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes

October 12, 2016 06:09AM
Now added to the thingiverse link above, a z max endstop holder which can be retro fitted to this axis if you want to do away with a z probe, as you have a stable and little changing bed which is normally level.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 04:40PM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login