Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smartcore help

Posted by GITRDUN 
Smartcore help
May 14, 2016 11:37AM
Think i posted this in the wrong forum origionally.

Fixing to start building my first core XY machine. This one - [www.thingiverse.com] . Ive built a Prusa mendel, Prusa air and a couple Prusa I3 machines. Im sick of the flimsy designed Prusa's and ready to move on to something better. I have a couple questions.

I dont get along well with the openscad software. Maybe im getting to old for all the new fangled computer stuff i dont know. I want to use 8mm rods but it looks like the stl files are all for 6mm. I can get the openscad to output an stl file with all parts but it comes as an assembly type drawing not single seperate parts. Im stumped on how to get stl models made for 8mm rods.

Another question, i have no idea how long the belts need to be. I have lots of belt laying around but i dont know if i have any that are long enough for this machine or if i need to buy some more. The BOM states the total length of 3 meters and says to see openscad related to your parameters. I dont see anything in openscad that outputs belt lengths or anything else.

Any help is apreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2016 11:38AM by GITRDUN.
Re: Smartcore help
May 14, 2016 11:49AM
Ok i found an 8mm rod version remake. [www.thingiverse.com] .
May 14, 2016 03:47PM
Do you have the file on openscad ? be sure to apply everytime you make a change or check the auto-apply option, change to 8mm rods and then go to "all printed parts", it's a plate with every part on it, then you can go to the tab dimension and find the general dimension of the frame and the belts and the lenght of the rods.
May 15, 2016 09:00AM
3m sounds about right for both corexy gantry belts.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login