Acceleration and Jerk
July 05, 2016 05:13PM
Hallo

What Values do you use for Acceleration and Speed ?
Im not looking for the best Speed-Settings im more intrested in the Print-Quality.
Here are the Default-Settings for the Smartrapcore Alu. I think the Values are pretty high ?
Has anyone of you already startet to search for the best Values focused on printquality ?

//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {70*60, 70*60, 10*60, 0}  // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,80,140}  // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 70, 50}    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {6000,6000,2000,10000}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000   // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00}  // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK                20.0    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 10.0     // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 5.0    // (mm/sec)
Re: Acceleration and Jerk
July 05, 2016 07:31PM
Here are my settings if you want to compare.

#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {70*60, 70*60, 15*50, 0}  // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {100,100,200,1450} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 100, 45}    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {3000,3000,500,250}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  50    // E acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   1500    // X, Y, Z acceleration in mm/s^2 for travel (non printing) moves

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK                16.0    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 1      // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 0.1    // (mm/sec)

But I am using a flex3drive so my retract and E settings will be very different. Here is an example of the print quality I am achieving

Which is printed at 0.1mm layer height, slight z-banding which I put down to bed wobble (using dual sided belt driven z axis - I don't think I would be able to print 0.1 with the cantilevered bed), apologies the part isn't very inspiring, just something I'm printing for someone.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login