Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrade kit for MGN-12H rails for SmartRapCore Alu.

Posted by DjDemonD 
Upgrade kit for MGN-12H rails for SmartRapCore Alu.
December 31, 2016 05:26PM
[www.thingiverse.com]

Enjoy.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Upgrade kit for MGN-12H rails for SmartRapCore Alu.
January 05, 2017 02:01PM
I'm playing with mounting the linear rails in this fashion for my next printer, it works out ok then?
January 05, 2017 03:26PM
Seems fine definitely a bit of improvement in print quality. The only tricky thing as I said on the write up is getting the width correct between the two y axis rails if you can come up with an adjustable mounting between the x rail and y slides that would be solved. I ended up bonding it then power sanding the y slide where they meet the y rails to fit.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
July 01, 2017 04:59AM
So I have added two revised motor mounts to the listing above for the linear rail conversion. They have a few features that were relevant to smooth rods removed, and have the motors positioned 1.5mm towards the centre of the printer to correct the belt geometry to pretty damn straight between the y-slides and motors. It is assumed you are using 608zz bearings or other bearing of the same diameter, and 16 tooth pulleys to get the correct geometry. Please attach the motors with plain hex head m3 bolts (not allen key cap headed screws) and do this BEFORE you attach the mounts to the printer or you will be driven mad by how fiddly it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 05:02AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login