Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proxy Hack Lab Hackerspace

Posted by spacexula 
Proxy Hack Lab Hackerspace
May 02, 2010 01:10PM
Ok I am taking the plunge. I have found 4 different locations to locate our Hackerspace in Winston Salem. All are office/industrial, all less than $500 a month and in the Central Winston Area.

Time to start ralling the troops. I will be having a Rapid Prototyping class at 6pm on Wednesday at the Central Library. It will be a $5 donation (If you can't afford it, don't give, if you can afford more please do), and we will be showing everyone how to print, and printing free shelled Mini Mendel parts.

This hackerspace is right now only me and 3 other people, and I am the only 1 with the money to help fund the roll out. I hope to see a lot of you there.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Re: Proxy Hack Lab Hackerspace
June 10, 2010 12:42PM
Hey, just an idea from my experience in Durham. I volunteer at the Durham bike coop, and they sub let their space during weekdays/some nights where they had no programming to other organizations. It helps them immensely to pay the rent, and gives you a good place to work (assuming you will be low footprint). There may also be some synergy there with a bike coop, sometimes plastic parts just up and break and aren't suitably replaceable from a catalog. If ever you guys get into welding too, that's synergy up the wazoo.

So yeah, I suggest trying to hook up and space share with some local non-profits!

-Tony
June 11, 2010 05:34PM
Thanks for the advice, will start making calls on Monday.

hi there,

i just discovered the Makerbot and Reprap printers. fantastic !

is there any way to discuss on the phone or get together in Winston-Salem ?

philip behrens
June 30, 2010 03:29PM
PM sent. Glad to have you on board!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login