Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Imprimanta 3D Smartrap

Posted by ldanut 
Re: Imprimanta 3D Smartrap
February 22, 2015 05:18AM
February 26, 2015 05:20PM
Im getting an issue where my filament feeding gear is jumping and not feeding filament. Any suggestions?
February 27, 2015 06:55AM
This can happen if you heated the hot end but forgot to start the fan. Fan must allways be running. PLA will jam instantly if you forget to run the fan. Also another reason is that the filament is blocked into something before reaching hot end tip. Make sure by hand the filament goes all the way to hot end tip. As an advice I do is that I allways make sure the filament end tip si rounded or thinned to be sure it will not hang in something on the way.
March 12, 2015 08:34AM
Hi, im still getting the feed issue. the gear pushes filament for a bit then starts to slip. Any ideas ?
March 12, 2015 09:40AM
Do you use MK7 or MK8 gear? Are you able to measure the hotend temperature? Trying to increase the temperature fix the problem?
Also what steper driver are you using and what Vref did you set?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 09:41AM by ldanut.
March 16, 2015 04:00PM
I used mk7

Hotend temp is 210c but I've tried other temps

Nema17. And not sure what vref is

Thanks
March 16, 2015 04:04PM
mk8 works a lot better since is smaller diameter and has more torque. Temperature is ok. The Vref si critical for extruder otherwise or you loose steps from overheating or motor stalls from underpower.
March 16, 2015 04:06PM
Is vref when you turn the screw on the extruder ?
March 16, 2015 04:08PM
You mean screw on extruder motor driver? Check this [reprap.org].
March 18, 2015 09:03AM
Yeah i think that's all set correct. When the filament is extruding and its not in the hotend it works perfectly. As soon as it starts to extrudes into the hotend it jams. Any ideas?
March 18, 2015 10:06AM
Does hotend has tha fan on all the time its heated? What temperature are you heating the hot end. Do this. Try to push plastic directly into the hot end without using the bouden tube. You should be able to push it easily without too much rezistance. If you have to push it too hard increase hot end temperature and see whats hapenning.
March 18, 2015 04:19PM
Great that worked thanks! Now to the next issue sad smiley ive got the z offset set at 0 and its still not close enough to stick. It needs to be a little bit more. Any way of making it -0.1 or something ?
March 18, 2015 05:05PM
March 22, 2015 11:31AM
Hi, do you have a cura profile you use?
March 22, 2015 12:16PM
March 23, 2015 11:33AM
Hi, so i started to print and the weirdest thing happened. after the printer laid down the brim it started to print the part about 50mm to the left of the brim. Any idea why that is happening
March 23, 2015 11:48AM
Wrong Y axis driver vref or loose belt or too high acceleration.
August 05, 2015 02:53AM
Hello,we are using one of your printer in the workshop and we print from an SD card.The issue we are having is the extruder dripping PLA.Also how can i enable a skirt around the part i'm going to print from the SD card? Another question what is the recommended extruder temp? 200 degrees or lower for PLA?Any setting you recommend for printing from SD? Thanks in advance
August 07, 2015 03:23AM
Hi ... can you be more specific in what context its dripping? I print PLA on smartrap at 210 - 215 degree at 30-40m/s and prints comes as expected. The skirt is generated from slicer and i think can be available when you have two or more print heads. You don't need it for one head. When printing from SD you first need to Control -> Preheat PLA to make sure fan is started and after it comes to right temperature you just need to select print from SD from LCD. For slicer I use Cura and a profile for this printer for PLA you can get it from here [github.com].

Regards,
Dan
www.build3dparts.com
November 24, 2015 11:53AM
Poti sa imprimi asa ceva :
[www.thingiverse.com]
daca da atunci adresa de expeditie pentru posta este:
Mihai Gheorghiescu str.Ion Ionescu de la Brad nr.38 ,cod postal 600183 ,Bacau,jud.Bacau.tel 0752180163
petru mine si la ce pret, poate iese ceva misto,mersi Mihai.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login