Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie in the DC area - again

Posted by buzzard192 
Newbie in the DC area - again
December 29, 2009 08:07AM
I am also new to the Reprap machines. I have everything necessary to build my Mendel, except for the printed parts. I was wondering if there was anyone in the DC area that would be willing to print me a set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 12:32PM by buzzard192.
MBC
Re: Newbie in the DC area - again
December 29, 2009 08:52AM
I am in the DC area and have a MakerBot. I am currently working on printing parts for two Mendels. I can add you to the cue but it will probably be a while. Are you involved with HacDC, Make DC, or DorkBot DC? Regardless of weather I print your parts us DC RepRapers should find a way to meet up.

Michael
January 04, 2010 08:22AM
Michael - I am not currently involved in any of those groups. I've heard of HacDC; however, I haven't heard of Make DC or DorkBotDC before.

I don't mind waiting for the parts, just keep me posted as far as your progress. Also, how much would you want for the set? You can send via PM if you don't want to say in the open.

How well does your MakerBot work? I've heard many horror stories about frequent breakdowns and general problems with consistent print quality. It seems that those that have reliable machines are quiet compared to those that have troubles.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 12:31PM by buzzard192.
January 13, 2010 02:01PM
Hey, one of the HacDC folks here. I'd love to host a DC RepRap/Makerbot/etc gathering at HacDC (in Columbia Heights at 1525 Newton St NW) some time in Feb/March.

If you're interested let me know.

We have a mostly completed reprap in the space which is undergoing some surgery due to complications (I am not working on it ATM, someone else is) and we have a couple of members with repraps, makerbots or other CNCs and we are thinking of getting ourselves a makerbot too in the near future.

Our space is geek heaven, with all kinds of tools and parts so it's a perfect place to hack on repraps.

-Daniel (obscurite on #hacdc on freenode)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login