Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New arrival in Baltimore

Posted by schmarty 
New arrival in Baltimore
July 10, 2010 12:26PM
Hello all,

I've just moved from Pittsburgh to Baltimore, bringing my MakerBot along with me!

I recently finished printing a RepRap Mendel for a friend at HackPittsburgh, and it is coming along nicely, as he finds the time to work on it. smiling smiley

From the traffic on this forum, it doesn't seem like there has been a DC/B'more RepRap meeting in some time, but I would still like to meet folks in the area who are interested in desktop 3D printing. I live pretty close to the Baltimore Node hackerspace, so I expect that I'll be hanging around there often if anyone wants to talk shop!

Thanks,
Marty
Re: New arrival in Baltimore
July 23, 2010 11:33AM
Marty,

I just recently learned about the RepRap machines and I am very interested in talking with people that have built and used them. I work in the Baltimore area 2-3 times a week, let me know when is good time to meet up.

Thanks,

Adam
Re: New arrival in Baltimore
July 24, 2010 01:19PM
Hi Adam,

I've built and run a MakerBot, but haven't built or used a Mendel myself, yet, so I don't know much about the hands on details of building and running one of those. However, I'm more than happy to share what I do know, and love talking about 3D-printing in general.

I'll be out of town for MakerFaire from August 1-5, and again for a few days in mid-August, but I am otherwise free to meet up whenever. I'm in the Mt. Vernon area. Feel free to drop me a note on Twitter (@schmarty) if you'd like to meet up, just give me a few hours lead time to make sure that I see your tweet!

--Marty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login