Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power Supply connections?

Posted by aamcle 
Power Supply connections?
September 07, 2021 07:44AM
I have a 24v 600W power supply, it has in addition to the the mains input terminals, Three Com and Three +V and the voltage adjuster.

I have numbered them to make it easier to explain. (Com1, Com2, Com3, +V1, +V2,+V3, and adjuster)

Can I take 600W through one pair of terminals that is Com1/+V1 terminals? (Com1/+V1)

In practice I hope to power the electronics from one pair of terminals and the bed via a MOSFET from second pair (Com1/+V1 for Electronics and Com2/+V2 for bed).

If I use this arrangement I'll be pulling a lot of power through the terminals I'm using for the bed, should I link Com2/Com 3 and +V2/+V3 such that I'm pulling power through both at once?

Thanks All aamcle
Re: Power Supply connections?
September 07, 2021 08:13AM
There should not be any problem with your suggested wiring.

As my 3D Printer power could be explained the same.
However I have both power for the electronics from pair Com1/+V1 of terminals and the bed via Com1/+V1.

One day I will change it to power for the electronics from Com1/+V1 of terminals and the bed via a MOSFET from Com2/+V2.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
September 07, 2021 02:35PM
That's why the PSU has multiple connections for the output. It makes it easier and tidier to wire up.
As long as total power consumption is under the PSU power rating (600W) your good.
September 07, 2021 03:40PM
Thanks to you both.

Aamcle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login