Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermal runaway not turning on

Posted by adrianlu 
Thermal runaway not turning on
June 23, 2015 02:11AM
Hey everyone (This is my first post; I think I'm doing this correctly),

I'm the happy owner of a made-from-scratch Prusa i3. Recently I've been trying to get the thermal runaway feature in Marlin to turn on without luck.

I've checked to make sure this is uncommented:
#define THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_PERIOD 40 //in seconds
#define THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_HYSTERESIS 4 // in degree Celsius

and what I've done to test if thermal runaway works is remove the thermistor from the thermistor hole after the temperature reaches its set point (to meet the defined THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_HYSTERESIS) and wait for the defined THERMAL_RUNAWAY_PROTECTION_PERIOD.

Unfortunately, thermal runaway doesn't "kick-in" at this point..What do you suppose I'm missing?

Thanks for the help.
-A

adrianllu.com
Re: Thermal runaway not turning on
July 01, 2015 01:15AM
Man, no responses.

Well, if anyone has a solution, please let me know. I'm potentially running without thermal runaway protection and the other posts on this sub-forum are unsettling..

I'll post an update if I come up with something.
July 09, 2015 06:50PM
Try Marlin 1.0.3 dev.
July 20, 2015 03:09AM
For some reason, on my part actually kicked in, I'm unsure which one actually either the bed or the hot end. It often triggered during the printings like 10% or lesser. I turned it off to avoid more failure and waste of plastics. Unsure if only hot end would also a good idea
Re: Thermal runaway not turning on [SOLVED]
August 07, 2015 01:40PM
Hey Scott,

Thanks, that worked. Except, that I broke the thermistor when I tried to replace it...Fortunately, I have a spare!

Thanks again,
A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 01:43PM by adrianlu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login