Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PEI VS PC sheet

Posted by Gaou 
PEI VS PC sheet
September 07, 2017 10:32AM
Guys i need some help for choosing the best surface for printing.

I mostly print abs so keep that in mind.

My last experience with a printbite sheet was awfull so i am thinking of jumping to one of the above.

What is the best for abs . I ve read that users are very satisfied with grinded pc sheet. And it is easy to found and cheap here in greece.

What about pei is this better than pc ?

Also where i can find double sided tape 3M which can stand this temperatures ?

Any help would be perfect.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: PEI VS PC sheet
January 13, 2018 01:39PM
PEI all the way. I use it for ABS for 6 years now and never looked back.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
January 16, 2018 03:40PM
i have a piece of pei but i ve bought it without an adhesive by mistake so never use it. i wonder how much better it is than the printbite that i am using right now.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
January 16, 2018 04:11PM
On my old machine i use a 0.8mm PEI coated fibersheet attached to the heatbed with clamps. On my new machine i put PEI foil on a magnetic sheet that already had a heat resistant adhesive. On the printbed i have the same magnetic sheet. This is an ideal combination for me since the magnetism prevents any buckling but allows for stretching. The magnetic sheets are acting as heat spreaders so i even get a very even heat distribution on the surface. Detaching a print couldn't be easier, i peel of the top sheet from the bottom sheet, then peel of the foil from the print.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
January 17, 2018 03:35AM
Gaou
i have a piece of pei but i ve bought it without an adhesive by mistake so never use it. i wonder how much better it is than the printbite that i am using right now.

I switched from using PEI to PrintBite for printing PLA. With PEI the print was sticking too firmly and was often difficult to remove.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 17, 2018 02:25PM
Srek
On my old machine i use a 0.8mm PEI coated fibersheet attached to the heatbed with clamps. On my new machine i put PEI foil on a magnetic sheet that already had a heat resistant adhesive. On the printbed i have the same magnetic sheet. This is an ideal combination for me since the magnetism prevents any buckling but allows for stretching. The magnetic sheets are acting as heat spreaders so i even get a very even heat distribution on the surface. Detaching a print couldn't be easier, i peel of the top sheet from the bottom sheet, then peel of the foil from the print.
[attachment 101588 DSCN2515a.JPG]

Where did you get the magnetic sheets! This really sounds like something I want to try....
January 17, 2018 03:20PM
January 17, 2018 06:45PM
Srek
I bought these [www.smagtron.de]

in theory those would begin to break down at any temp higher than 77c have you seen any problems? do you print at ABS temps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 06:50PM by JustSumGuy.
January 18, 2018 03:24PM
I print @110C bed temperature with no problems in the 10 months since i installed it

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
January 20, 2018 12:37AM
Sadly they do not ship to Canada sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login