Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Garpom CoreXY 300x300

Posted by MrPegapom 
Garpom CoreXY 300x300
February 17, 2016 02:29PM
Hi!

I am making a new printer. It has some different.
[www.dropbox.com]
It has a build size of 300x300x300, I have choosed for the estructure Aluminum Slot 20x20, but it is a unclosed cube. It hasn't got the columns in the front like robkar's desing.
The other thing that do it different is that I use belts for Z axis. The center columns 2020 are the guides for the bed. A a unique stepper move the bed up and down, the both sides are linking with a shaft.
I have problems with the image, but you can use this link for more details.

[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]
[drive.google.com]

Thanks

Garpom: [bricolabs.es]
LawnMower:[robotcortacesped.blogspot.com.es]
La Coruña, Spain
Re: Garpom CoreXY 300x300
February 18, 2016 04:30AM
How do you like your z-axis? Any comparison to threaded rods or trapezoidal screws?
February 18, 2016 05:21AM
The z-azis work very well. I have a Prusa I3 and its very different.
The best is that i haven't got any banding. But I belive, that it is possible by the wheels and the belts. If you use threaded rods, you have to look for the best quality, nearly to trapezoidal screws. And any misalignment in the rods is show in the final job, The rods can move de bed.
But with the belts you only have to take care of the guides, bearings or my case wheels.

The only problems with the belts is the bed weight. When you disabled the steppers the bed down like ,,, " look your piece is ready". But it was very easy to solve. I use a geared stepper, with a planetary geared. Then, I have power enought, and when I disable the stepper the bed doesn't move.
And the other thing, it's fast.

Sorry about my English.

La Coruña, Spain
March 30, 2016 02:01PM
hi i got a couple of question

firstly nice going m8 looks really good i'm impressed like your self i also own/built a prusa i3
and like yourself im looking into building a bigger machine 300x300x300 sounds like a good start and i also want to go multi extrude blar blar blar
anyway buck to my questions
1) are you sharing your design
2) what lengths are your 20x20 extrusion
3) what size rods did you use did you stay with the 8mm are go stronger 10mm are 12mm
4) any more places i should vist to get more info
March 30, 2016 02:45PM
Thanks!

I'm going to answer your questions one by one.

1) are you sharing your design

Yes, at this moment I'm using this site : http://bricolabs.cc/wiki/index.php?title=Impresora_CoreXY_Garpom . Sorry, its in Spanish. I want to upload to Reprap in English, but I prefer finish first in Spanish and have at lest one place with all the details finish.

Use to https://github.com/MrPgapom/Garpom

2) what lengths are your 20x20 extrusion

10 pieces 460mm
4 pieces 500 mm
2 pieces 280 mm
2 pieces 400 mm

3) what size rods did you use did you stay with the 8mm are go stronger 10mm are 12mm

I used 8 mm becouse its very easy to get it. The extruder is bowden, so the hotend its very light. It's a CoreXY, the belt tension is less than in a Hbot. I think is enough with 8 mm.
At the moment I have printed 3 Kg of filament without problems.

4) any more places i should vist to get more info

Yes, http://reprap.org/wiki/Mondrian#XL . This is a very tested printer, its not a Core. My printer its a very good printer ( of course, i have to say this), but you can find only one in the world. I havent any problem to share it, but you have to undertand "It is a prototipe".

La Coruña, Spain
March 30, 2016 05:28PM
thanks for your reply lets hope goggle translate dose not fail me i think all reprap are prototypes just some more test than the others... i love the corexy the way it moves and using the ali extrusion means its a hole lot easier to expand add too and adjust much better than the wood frame prusa i built which is the best its going to be
ill read your links with great interest thanks for sharing

i want to go 12mm rods as i want to go multi extruder which will have to be bowden so i may evern get away with 10mm rods ill keep reading see what others have done and hopefully learn from there mistakes

as you have all ready built one is there any changes you think you would make if you where redoing it

ps .. thanks for the help keep up the great work
March 30, 2016 05:34PM
p.s great right up very clean and easy to follow google translate works great big 5 thumbs up thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

would you mind adding your marlin firmware to your git hub page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 05:38PM by aparkin.
March 30, 2016 11:22PM
MrPegapom,

On your site you have a picture labled "Reductora" Do you have the files for the reduction gear as it looks 3D printed?

-os3dp
March 31, 2016 02:28AM
Hi!

This is the link for "Reductora" http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:775636 . It's not mine, its from BIOMUSHROOM in Thingiverse.

La Coruña, Spain
March 31, 2016 02:43AM
Hi!
Here you are!!!

This is the Marlin.
https://github.com/MrPgapom/Garpom/blob/master/Marlin.zip

Take care. this Marlin (in Marlin_manin.cpp on line 6970 more or less, in #if HAS_KILL ) has sometime experimental. The KILL Button on LCD does two funtions.
1) Kill the printer and switch OFF the ATX power supply
2) If the ATX is OFF then switch ON. (Another test, sorry). If you want, you can follow in Clone Wars Spain
When its ready we want to upload lo Reprap and Marlin.

La Coruña, Spain
March 31, 2016 10:53AM
thanks m8 np. mine psu is switch only not linked to ramps but thanks that something more ill look into

thanks for the marlin link and ill follow along your progress
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login