Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to adjust this in coreXY

Posted by Lucianog 
How to adjust this in coreXY
March 15, 2016 12:53PM
after printing the calibration cube, the result was as shown in photo in pdf file, I can not get angle of 90 ° between the X and Y axis, what is happening? I need to stretch the belt? which one stretch?
or is it another problem?

Best regards and Good prints
Attachments:
open | download - How to adjust this.pdf (151.5 KB)
Re: How to adjust this in coreXY
March 15, 2016 02:44PM
Hi,

I think is not a problem related with belt tension, each motor x and y move the carriage in a 45 degree line. If one of the belt was less tension, you print will have some layer out of place, but still print in a 90 degree overall.

This is a strange problem...
First obvious question, is your printer structure is ok? all corner have a perfect 90 degree?
Maybe in your firmware the value of step/mm of the motor x an y are not the same... but not sure if this will produce this problem.
pretty sure is not missing steps of the y motor, this type of problem do no produce a so perfect misalignment.
March 15, 2016 03:32PM
Lucianog,
Is your x-axis at a 90 degree with respect to the y-axis? If not EXACTLY 90, it will show up in the print.

A B

C D

Maybe I should give better example. Tell the printer to go to Each point A, B, C, D. where the coordinates of each is say 0,0 0,100 100,100 100,0. Somehow mark where each point is. Then measure from A-D and then B-C. Those measurements SHOULD be exactly the same. if not, then tighten or loosen one of the belts and repeat process.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

-os3dp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 03:40PM by os3dp.
March 16, 2016 11:43AM
Hi
sure you guys gave me good tips, check the "parallel" and "squareness" between the X and Y axes, maybe really first need to attack it than the belt.

Lucianog
March 16, 2016 12:00PM
Hi Lucianog,

I don't have any hands-on time with the CoreXY design but I have read a lot about it and am working on my own. So far as I understand it the belts prevent racking of the X axis (keep it orthogonal) with respect to the Y axis. If the machine was built perfectly square then the belt tension would be the same in both belt to keep it orthogonal. But if it is built slightly off then one belt would need to be tighter to skew the X axis square again.
March 16, 2016 01:47PM
@Lucianog: The problem only happens on the Y axis?

if one belt have less tension to the other, the printer will start to print squares in an orthogonal shape?
Lucianog was give no information of is printer and in what position the object was printed, i think is necessary more info about how is was printed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2016 01:49PM by filipeCampos.
April 06, 2016 12:00PM
I've got a smartrapcore alu and with unequal belt tension you get cubes with a mismatch between x and y side length. This has never been very severe on my machine so I've never seen a parallelogram instead of a cube. Sounds like the axes are not square but its hard to see how they can be that far off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login