Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What should I name my new Printer Design?

Posted by MatthewHall 
What should I name my new Printer Design?
May 13, 2016 08:52PM
I am in the process of designing and building a totally new corexy printer. Check it out in the forum.

Ignore the name sated in the previous post (unless you like the name).

I now need to come up with a name for my 3d printer, so I came here. Any suggestions?

Also, if you can say why you chose the name please do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2016 09:20PM by MatthewHall.
Re: What should I name my new Printer Design?
May 13, 2016 09:01PM
Its called Mobius
you said it in your post

Möbius
1. A malcontent, argumentive, or maladjusted user of a forum or website bent on trying to be superior by normally participating in debates with straw-man arguments or quote whoring.

2. An individual whom normally engages in encroaching behavior that cause constroversay or dischord.

3. A misbehaving elitist who has a habit of getting banned from multiple sites or forums for outlandish reasons(Normally, in a playful pretext).
"Oh, another Mobius," or

Member: "Someone is deleting our topics/causing mischief/harassing our members, in board."

Administrator: "I am going to ban the Mobius."

Möbius strip
: a one-sided surface that is constructed from a rectangle by holding one end fixed, rotating the opposite end through 180 degrees, and joining it to the first end

confused smiley
May 13, 2016 09:20PM
Yes, I thought someone might notice that I was suggested by others to ask in these forums for a name.
May 13, 2016 09:45PM
It seems the standard convention for naming 3D printers is to pick obscure Norse or or mythological deities, or characters from The Opera with unpronounceable names. Selecting names from obscure operas gets you extra points for being a sophisticated man-about-town and grants you a license to sneer at anyone who dares ask the origin of the name. You could stay in the same spirit but give it an American twist by selecting one of the Old Gods from the Cthulu mythos, or one of the American Indian gods.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
May 14, 2016 09:02AM
Call it Saul

Seriously, make sure you do not use a registered name, profanity, you do not use an improper name susceptible to hurt the feelings of people, (list available on request as it is too risky to post) great apes, lower apes, dolphins, elephants or any other animals known to have feelings ...

OK, just get a lawyer. See above smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2016 09:10AM by MKSA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login