Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corexy PCB mill????

Posted by rastaman46 
Corexy PCB mill????
May 19, 2016 11:51AM
Is any one tried this?

Is machine performs fine what about quality???

Want to get some pcb's milled so I can go from 8bit to 32bit (Hate chemicals) and do love to work with PCB

Regards
VDX
Re: Corexy PCB mill????
May 19, 2016 12:41PM
... the longer the belts, the more elastic are they -- so will more suffer for mechanical oscillation and displacement than common beltdriven printers.

For milling I'll prefer spindles for higher stiffness and accuracy ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 19, 2016 12:54PM
I like the idea of being able to make my own PCBs this way, but the reality is that I haven't etched a PCB in years. It's so cheap to get prototype PCBs made by Itead, SeedStudio etc. and they come complete with plated through holes, silk screen and solder resist - making assembly so much easier.

OTOH I really like the idea of having a pick-and-place machine to do my own prototype and small batch assembly, so I may try to make a pick-and-place head for one of my printers soon.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
May 19, 2016 01:20PM
... I'm laserengraving, etching and milling PCB's only for 'hot' prototyping, where time counts winking smiley

Ordering a PCB needs some days (best time was 3 days) or more money (next day delivery).

Engraving, etching, milling and populating/soldering needs below one hour for my typical projects spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

May 20, 2016 03:58AM
Yes its better to get pcb manufactured .But we not talking here mass production we talking DIY at home. I love to DIY my self cos its good fun better then get drunk in pub!!!

we talk open source easy to make to every one isn't this what reprap is all about???

I have build my corexy just for fun I got nothing to print bu I love this design so much.

Solder mask is easy look at this

Btw im BGA man so soldering and masking its what im best at!!

dc42
I like the idea of being able to make my own PCBs this way, but the reality is that I haven't etched a PCB in years. It's so cheap to get prototype PCBs made by Itead, SeedStudio etc. and they come complete with plated through holes, silk screen and solder resist - making assembly so much easier.

OTOH I really like the idea of having a pick-and-place machine to do my own prototype and small batch assembly, so I may try to make a pick-and-place head for one of my printers soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2016 04:03AM by rastaman46.
Attachments:
open | download - corexy.jpg (242 KB)
May 20, 2016 03:59AM
So what do u use for mill? can you post some pictures of ur pcbs???

VDX
... I'm laserengraving, etching and milling PCB's only for 'hot' prototyping, where time counts winking smiley

Ordering a PCB needs some days (best time was 3 days) or more money (next day delivery).

Engraving, etching, milling and populating/soldering needs below one hour for my typical projects spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
VDX
May 20, 2016 05:11AM
... here a thread with some examples - [forums.reprap.org]

I'm drilling the thru-holes in smaller PCB's by hand, but too have a CNC-mill and software to readjust a prefabbed PCB with camera to precise mill or engrave PCB's with drills and millbits ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login