Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dampers Difference

Posted by sigxcpu 
Dampers Difference
July 05, 2016 10:17AM
Please disregard "the design". It is a mock-up, not CoreXY, but a (very ugly) H-bot.

I've posted this to see the difference without and with motor dampers (Astrosyn, I think, taken from an old Xerox copier).

Without:
[youtu.be]

With:
[youtu.be]

I was impressed by the difference, because I didn't see the same amount in my P3 Steel. Maybe because the motor mounts are more (X) or less (Y) printed and the plastic is already damping the vibrations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2016 10:33AM by sigxcpu.
Re: Dampers Difference
July 05, 2016 11:24PM
Have you checked print quality with and without the dampers?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 06, 2016 04:09AM
I'm very curious about the print quality differences as well! Do you mind sharing?
July 06, 2016 05:07AM
I use dampers and it make a noticeable noise and vibration difference. On my printer i never noticed any print quality difference.
July 06, 2016 07:28AM
I cannot do print quality checks yet because this is more or less a mock-up. It doesn't even have a Z axis and it torques like hell (H-bot). I've ordered the laser cuts yesterday so it will take a while until I finish the thing.

I do have vibration dampers on my Prusa i3 and I didn't see an issue with them. I do have issues but backlash (which I would expect from dampers torque if any) is not one, so I would venture to say that they are fine.

The gain in noise reduction for the big speakers (CoreXY cube frames at least) is worth it, in my opinion. I remember reading somebody (@the_digital_dentist ?) saying that the frame is noisy, which I've seen with my own eyes.

The reason I've done this is because the elastic feet I use in Prusa design might not be an option with a cube format made out of thin 2020 extrusions.

I've attached the overview of what I'm trying to achieve.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 07:31AM by sigxcpu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login