Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mid/Big size Core XY linear motion parts

Posted by lukaCX 
Mid/Big size Core XY linear motion parts
June 06, 2017 09:40PM
What are the rated dynamic loads that say a high speed Core XY motion generates? I see robotdigg has some new linear motion parts i.e. [www.robotdigg.com] these 35mm roller guides, they look perfect for a long bare x-bridge smiling smiley i'm asking because i want to start designing a new machine with 500x500x600 build space that's also high speed and i'm interested to see what my limitations are.. thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 09:51PM by lukaCX.
Re: Mid/Big size Core XY linear motion parts
June 07, 2017 02:22AM
They seem to have excenter adjustment and the bearings are running on steel inlays.
I'd support the rail with an U-shaped profile on the back. The flatness is not an advantage in your use case.
June 07, 2017 08:42AM
It looks very similar to v slot extrusions. V slot and wheels work great, but the problem I've had is that the 3mm aluminium plates flex quite a lot. I've noticed it the most on the openbuilds build plate and the universal gantry plate over a 2060 extrusion. My next build is going to use their c beam plates (5 or 6mm thick I think). Seems much stronger, and they place the wheels closer giving less chance to flex. The wheels themself give no backlash as they can be preloaded with the eccentric nut (an often overlooked feature, and in my opinion a very useful one)
June 07, 2017 09:50AM
Yes nice point, being able to preload the bearings is also why i'm interested in them, the rail i posted is 35mm wide and the carriage is 10mm thick alu that's why i'm thinking it should be sufficient for use without supports as the x axis of the gantry for a big bot(500mm), just my guess though I've been using solidworks for a couple of years now, i really should learn how to do FEA analasys and find out for myself smiling smiley..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login