Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D Titan on a D-Bot carrier

Posted by o_lampe 
E3D Titan on a D-Bot carrier
November 30, 2017 02:49AM
I wasn't very pleased with the print quality of the D-Bot with Bowden tube extruder. Especially PETG had lots of blobs and strings.
So I want to try out the Titan. I mounted it with a readily available angled steel bracket as close to the linear rail carrier as possible.
The bracket holds the Titan with three of the longer screws provided by E3D. I also had to add a 2mm thick damper between stepper and gearbox. Otherwise the pinion gear would be too high.
I couldn't test it yet, because I forgot to order the M7 heat barrier, so I couldn't fit my cloned Volcano hotend.eye rolling smiley

Although my D-Bot has linear rails, it might give standard D-Bot owners an idea, how it could be done.
I'd like to make a bracket that holds the Titan rotated 90° next to the D-Bot carrier, but my CNC mill isn't up to the task yet. ( too many projects... )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 02:57AM by o_lampe.
Re: E3D Titan on a D-Bot carrier
November 30, 2017 05:02AM
PETG indeed keeps oozing, is sticky, direct extruder is the way to go and in fact no need for Bowden when you make the carriage plus extruder lightweight (I am down to 250g). You could shed some weight by making a new carriage instead of this steel bracket. A shorter motor eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 05:04AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login