Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXY cross belt path

Posted by mogey336 
CoreXY cross belt path
April 14, 2019 05:38PM
I need help for COREXY belt path.
I know that the green belt is higher than the red belt
Can i make the belt at the gantry X (the two pulleys at the left and right) the same height and only the belt at the end of the rail higher or i must make the green belt higher at all path?
How can i tension them?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2019 05:44PM by mogey336.
Re: CoreXY cross belt path
April 14, 2019 05:57PM
Belts always stay at the same height. Never offset a belt vertically. If the green one is higher, it should stay higher everywhere.

There are several places where the belts can be tensioned, but moving the motor mounts is probably the easiest to arrange.

The pulleys at the ends of the X axis and in the corners don't have to be on separate axles. You can stack the pulleys.

See: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 14, 2019 07:01PM
Can you explain why it must be heighter every way?
It will work fine if i stack all the pulleys?
April 14, 2019 07:23PM
The belt teeth are perpendicular to the length of the belt. They are made to operate with the belt perpendicular to the axes of the pulleys. If you try to make a belt go on two pulleys that are at different vertical levels, the belt teeth won't mate properly with the pulley teeth and the edges of the belts will be subjected to wear as they ride on the pulley's flanges. Motion will not be smooth.

Yes, it will work fine if you stack the pulleys, but as always you have to be careful to position them correctly.

Here's how the belts look with stacked pulleys:

And here's how it looks in my printer:

You can see how the pulleys are stacked here: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2019 07:25PM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login