Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G2 and G3 Slower than G0 and G1

Posted by acastles91 
G2 and G3 Slower than G0 and G1
May 30, 2020 06:08AM
This is a very newbie question so thank you for your patience. I am building with a friend a big pen plotter with an Skr 1.4 and Marlin. The mechanics seem to work and I am now finding all the proper values to move this thing. It was going good until I tried G2 and G3 movements, which I assumed were going to be similar in speed as G0 and G1, but that ended up not being the case. Since my machine is way bigger than a common 3d Printer (2m x 2m) I pushed up the jerk value of both X and Y and it helped a lot with the speed, but it is still very slow and I don't know if that is the way to go or if it's going to have problems later with small circles. Any hint will help. Thank you very much.
VDX
Re: G2 and G3 Slower than G0 and G1
May 30, 2020 08:44AM
... I'll stay with G1-moves and finer segment resolution of arcs with big sizes/radii ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
June 01, 2020 05:19AM
Thank you. I'm using inkscape with an extension to generate the g-code, and it throws G2 and G3 as default. Could you suggest a way of generating g-code using mostly G1?
VDX
June 01, 2020 09:46AM
... you can search for options in Inkscape to avoid G2/G3 - in most of my CAD/CAM's I can change the import/export-behaviour for splines/curves to segments.

For my own use I've modified Pronterface and wrote several importers/exporters to read or generate G-Codes or DXF ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login