Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't repeat bed.g if not needed

Posted by EricE555 
Don't repeat bed.g if not needed
November 11, 2021 03:56PM
Is there any way to skip the running of bed.g (called whenever a g32 is issued) if not needed?
I have g32 in the start code of my slicer. That is the only way to insure bed leveling has been done prior to any print.
But there are times when I issue print after print after print without powering down the Z steppers. In this case, I don't need to rerun the bed leveling and doing so is just wear and tear on the printer.

Is there any way to know that g32 has already been done without the steppers powering down, but if the Z steppers do power down, it gets run?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2021 03:57PM by EricE555.
Re: Don't repeat bed.g if not needed
November 12, 2021 02:47AM
You could use a global variable to record whether bed.g has been run, and in bed.g you can test and set that variable. To detect that the Z motors have powered down you could monitor the Z homed status. A complication is that the Z homed status will also be cleared at the start of execution of a G28 command.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2021 02:47AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Don't repeat bed.g if not needed
November 13, 2021 07:07AM
thanks.
I just decided to remove the G32 from the slicer start code and run it manually when I start printing. We'll see how that works out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login