Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not quite CoreXY but Sli3DR source files are released

Posted by richrap 
Not quite CoreXY but Sli3DR source files are released
November 06, 2014 03:21PM
Hello all,

My RepRap Sli3DR design source files are now released if anyone would like to build one, or many smiling smiley

More info on my blog - http://richrap.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/sli3dr-3d-printer-design-files-up-on.html

Source files are on Youmagine here

And Also my GitHub here.

Enjoy and let me know if you build one or have any questions.

Cheers,

Rich.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
Re: Not quite CoreXY but Sli3DR source files are released
November 06, 2014 08:58PM
Nice design Rich! The more I look at the 'unnamed mechanism' the more I want to give it a try.

Do you have any better pix of the arrangement for the Z axis? I'm suspecting that you did the Z axis like the Y (blue) axis as shown in the pic you have on your blog -

Mark

From FreeCAD To The Real World- Demo video using FreeCAD and featuring the Smartrap 3D Printer
November 09, 2014 03:46PM
Hi Mark,

At the moment, only all the photo's on Youmagine Here and also on my original blog post about it. I followed the red/blue arrangement almost exactly - I even used it as a guide template in Sketchup for the actual design! (measured correctly of course)

Let me know if you decide to build one.

Cheers,

Rich.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
November 10, 2014 10:54AM
Is there a more complete BOM around? Granted most of us could piece this together, but I'm curious as to what motor you're using for the Z-axis.

EDIT: Also, could you post more close-ups of parts printed with this printer? I'm toying with the idea of ripping apart one of my i3's and replacing it with this...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2014 11:02AM by sgraber.
November 10, 2014 02:18PM
sgraber
Is there a more complete BOM around? Granted most of us could piece this together, but I'm curious as to what motor you're using for the Z-axis.

EDIT: Also, could you post more close-ups of parts printed with this printer? I'm toying with the idea of ripping apart one of my i3's and replacing it with this...

Since it's getting more questions asked over on Youmagine than here, things are starting to get documented in the comments and I'll update the description's etc.

If it's anything like the 3DR release, Spreadsheets and BOM's will start to appear very soon from various people around the world. I'll do my best to find and point to them.

I have added most parts in the sketchup file, The Z axis is using a NEMA17 with planetary gearbox (standard 5.18:1 type that people use for extruders)

All the parts I printed for the TCTShow (2014) were printed on Sli3DR, they are shown on my blog.

Cheers,

Rich.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
November 18, 2014 10:42AM
Hello there,

I just want to know is it possible to use Smoothieware, on your new release Sli3dr. I am thinking of building one and I want to use Smoothieware on it.

If yes, could you please explain me, how? I have very little knowledge on coding.

Regards.

P.S : I do use Azteeg X5 as controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 10:43AM by reprapturk.
November 26, 2014 03:45PM
Any thoughts on what advantages Sli3DR offers over CoreXY?

A quick comparison reveals there is almost 40% more length of spectra line and at least 40% more pulleys in the Sli3DR XY mechanics when compared with CoreXY (60% more pulleys counting drive pulleys as drawn - but these could be moved to corner pulleys).

It is a nice tidy design and coding is simpler than CoreXY as there is one stepper for X and one stepper for Y, but is that enough to compel me to choose Sli3DR over CoreXY or Core XZ?

My Prusa Mendel i2 inspired Repstrap with welded steel frame: [youtu.be]
And my Smartrap derived Briefcase 3D printer: [youtu.be]
January 23, 2015 12:21PM
Hello Rich,

Thank you for releasing this!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I would really appreciate a more complete BOM spreadsheet. A few of my friends and I want to build this printer, and would benefit greatly from knowing all the different nuts, bolts, and electronics you used for the build. None of us have built a printer before, but we are engineering students wanting to jump onto the cutting edge. I've tracked down what I could from the youmagine comments, the (less than detailed) sketchup report, and the Al extrusions from the txt file, but beyond that I am mostly stuck at guesswork.

Any help would be greatly appreciated smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login