Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V-Slot, CoreXY Build Update

Posted by MrDoctorDIV 
V-Slot, CoreXY Build Update
December 13, 2014 02:55PM
Current progress on my printer:

As my basis, I'm using OpenBuild's V-Slot. That's everything you see there minus the build plate and added red color.
I'm going the CoreXY route after asking plenty of questions and seeking the furthest depths of the world wide web. I can't list out half those reason (researched it a while ago), I just know it's the best.

I know it's been a long time since I've been on the forums [even though I'm sure no one noticed, my presence is small] but life happens. Life is still happening. Just thought I'd chime in and show off my pretty black with red accents (I plan to powder coat the build plate red and/or black or something rather). I've come close to the next roadblock that will yet again make progress slow. It's solid, sturdy, all that good stuff. The bed frame's horizontal plane does rotate a bit when lifted at one side/corner, but only about 2-3mm. My planned double-motor Z-axis won't cause that issue at all. Friction is low everywhere it needs to be. I need to figure out the mounting of the build plate and all motors, how to drive the Z-axis (belt or screw, and how to mount/place), specifics on signal and mechanical transmission to carriage (I have a general idea; Flex3Drive and custom made CPU cable), and which electronics to get.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: V-Slot, CoreXY Build Update
December 13, 2014 08:30PM
Have you run the core xy kinetics using the V slot yet? I'm curious to see it in action and the mounting of the pulley and tensioner mechanisms.
December 13, 2014 10:25PM
Digging the color scheme.

What the build area to footprint ratio?

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
December 14, 2014 12:48PM
Vegasloki- I have not finished the carriage mechanism yet. I'm actually revisiting that one, so new parts will be needed first. I'll try and get your attention when I get that part moving.

gmh39- Indeed. I was originally going to do blue, favorite and not cliché. I check a lot of my prints at night though, and blue has an awakening effect (why screens make sleep difficult), so I decided to go red accents.
Build area is 300mm X 650mm. Build height hasn't been figured out yet, but it's around 350/400mm.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
December 15, 2014 07:21PM
Nice smiling smiley I've put my CoreXY on hold for now, but will first be turning it into a laser-cutter winking smiley

Welcome back, for the time being!

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 16, 2014 12:44AM
Will be watching this. Planning to build a large build platform 3D printer in the future and like the CoreXY design. Good luck on your project, looks great so far.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login