Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delays required in XY-Stage controller

Posted by Elmi 
Delays required in XY-Stage controller
April 25, 2015 10:55AM
Hi,

this is a follow-up of [forums.reprap.org] but with a little bit more detailled question. I'm familar with the world of galvo-driven laser systems and now want to find out what is necessary when the laser is moved by a XY-stage instead. A few of the parameters used on a galvo system and the question if they are needed on a XY-stage driven system too:

1. Jump-Delay - is a delay issued to ensure the galvos really reach the jump position the system is given -> should not be neccessary with an XY-stage since there the position given by the motor controller is always the position the XY-stage currently is located at
  2. Mark-Delay - is a delay issued to ensure the galvos really reach the mark position the system is given -> should not be neccessary with an XY-stage since there the position given by the motor controller is always the position the XY-stage currently is located at
  3. In Polygon Delay - is issued whenever the corner point of a polygon is processed to ensure the galvos really arrive at the nominal position and to ensure there are really sharp edges and not rounded ones because the galvo changes direction before the target position has been reached - seems to be similar to jump and mark delay for me - so this should not be necessary on an XY-stage?
  4. Laser On Delay - the laser is turned on delayed also because of the inertia of the galvos and because of the difference between nominal and actual position - so this should also not be necessary for a XY-stage?
  5. Laser Off Delay - the laser is turned off delayed also because of the inertia of the galvos and because of the difference between nominal and actual position - so this should also not be necessary for a XY-stage?

May be somebody can shed some light on this? For me it sounds like all these galvo-specific parameters are not necessary on a XY-stage where nominal and actual position are always the same and where actual position never reaches the nominal position delayed (except motion steps get lost, but that's something different).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login