Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

30cm^3 3UP CoreXY

Posted by napierm 
30cm^3 3UP CoreXY
July 22, 2015 12:56AM
I'm slowly building up a printer based on the 3UP design. It is an HBOT but it looks to me to be a pretty easy mod to add the cross over and center attachment for corexy movement. My question at the moment has to do with the bed. Part of the modification is to have 3 lift screws rather than 2. The goal is to have a little over 300mm printable in each direction.

So the support I have now consists of two extrusions that are bolted in across the Z platform. I would like a bed that would heat up under a glass plate that is removable. Since the print area is a bit bigger than 300 I'm thinking about an aluminum plate heated with power resistors.

Here is where I am as of tonight:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Any suggestions? Pictures of something similar?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Re: 30cm^3 3UP CoreXY
July 22, 2015 03:20AM
Use a piece of Aluminium Tool Plate with a silicon heater pad under it if you want it to be quick then use a AC Mains powered one switched with a relay (SSR Prefered)

see 300 x 300 mm heater pad there are plenty of these types available at various voltage/power rating's

Your plate will need to be a little larger than the heater to allow for mounting holes etc and I would have the bed mounted to a seperate carriage assembly to enable bed leveling (usual is to have the bed supported at 3 point's with springs underneath and screws that can be adjusted to get the bed level.

Also for you Z lift system go for good quality leadscrews be that Ball screws (Expensive) or Acme/trapezoidal screws (Mid cost but not to bad).

if you are in europe I can suggest possible sources for most of this stuff Stateside I wouldn't have a clue but sure someone will chime in.

HTH

Doug
July 22, 2015 05:09PM
Thanks Doug.

I'm using 3 Acme screws/nuts. I see now all the lift screws are 4 start 8mm pitch, mine are 2mm pitch. So the Z table will run a little slower. OK, it will be heavy so the stepper won't be overloaded. Have Vexta dual-shaft steppers. The XY steppers are 400 step so I added clean dampers to allow a little more speed before stalling. The Z stepper is 200 steps dual-shaft. Can add a damper if testing shows it is needed.

For the plate, something like this?

[www.ebay.com]
July 22, 2015 05:23PM
napierm
Thanks Doug.

I'm using 3 Acme screws/nuts. I see now all the lift screws are 4 start 8mm pitch, mine are 2mm pitch. So the Z table will run a little slower. OK, it will be heavy so the stepper won't be overloaded. Have Vexta dual-shaft steppers. The XY steppers are 400 step so I added clean dampers to allow a little more speed before stalling. The Z stepper is 200 steps dual-shaft. Can add a damper if testing shows it is needed.

For the plate, something like this?

[www.ebay.com]

That looks perfect to me my Leadscrews are also single start 2mm pitch (TR10x2) with Bronze nuts.

Doug
July 31, 2015 02:26AM
I have the corexy belt drive in place now. It turned out much better than I thought. The cross is at the drive motor end and is extremely compact. It is a variation of the twisting cross but I haven't seen it done quite like this before. Check it out:

[www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login