Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXY and heated bed. How many guidance points?

Posted by Treito 
CoreXY and heated bed. How many guidance points?
December 28, 2015 12:17PM
Hello,

I will start to design my own CoreXY with some surprises. But before I can start I need the information how many guidance points do I need? The bed will be raised or lowered by one trapezoidal thread at the middle at the bottom side. Traditional. Something like TR10-TR16. The pitch should have a maximum of 2. But what about the guidance points? Only 2 on the front or additionally 2 at the back?

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: CoreXY and heated bed. How many guidance points?
December 28, 2015 01:51PM
3 is the ideal in theory but plenty of designs out there that uses 4 without seemingly big problems. If you have a rigid bed and don't force the bed to twist then I think it is OK.

Did you review this thread

Also you may find it helpful to see this .zip file with a number of photos from various coreXY designs - It was a compilation I made to jerk my thinking about belt paths but it can maybe also inspire you for bed designs: .ZIP file
Re: CoreXY and heated bed. How many guidance points?
December 28, 2015 02:26PM
I was nearly killed as I suggested to print my corners at a Facebook group Taht would be not precise enough and so on. Thanks for the links I will take a look at them.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login