Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

US parts?

Posted by fatesalign 
US parts?
February 23, 2016 11:45AM
Hello everyone. Where's a good US place to get core xy parts? Also, does anyone sell an extruder mount? I don't currently have a printer (I've owned one in the past). I might get a kit, but I ultimately want to use a certain board and extruder.
Re: US parts?
February 23, 2016 12:12PM
I guess a better question is whether it's even possible to build a scratch core xy without a printer. Like can you get the plastic parts online like you can an i3?

I ultimately want it quite tough (probably the v-slot rails) and I would use either the duet or smoothieboard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2016 12:40PM by fatesalign.
February 23, 2016 05:29PM
It's definitely possible to build one without using printed parts, but I guess it all comes down to what tools/skillset you have and how much time/money you are willing to spend... I'm actually in the process of building one myself, and although there were moments when I wish I had access to 3D printed parts, I think replacing them with aluminum adds to overall sturdiness of the machine... Can't help you with suppliers though - I live in Europe smiling smiley
February 23, 2016 05:52PM
Thanks for the comment. Is there a sturdy build that uses parts already fabricated so I at least don't have to do that? Like they have ever a parts list without 3d printed parts?
February 24, 2016 02:48PM
You could get everything you need for the mechanics from http://openbuildspartstore.com/
They have they have the extrusion, plates for motors/pulleys and the motors/pulleys, belts, even the limit switches.

All you'd need is a control board, bed surface, and hot end from elsewhere
You may have to fabricate a hot end mount or have someone print one

There are lots of designs in their Build section, some may even have a BOM
http://www.openbuilds.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2016 02:50PM by FA-MAS.
February 24, 2016 04:13PM
I didn't think there were any kits available for CoreXY builds. Plans and designs sure, but kits and therefore the option to buy printed pieces, not so much.

If you do find plans / models for a design you would like to build from scratch, I imagine that you could get the parts printed from a local hackerspace, your public library, or 3D Printer Hubs.
February 24, 2016 04:15PM
You can get a groove mount from either www.hotends.com or www.filastruder.com depending on if you go with a J-head or and E3D, respectively.

I built a coreXY using v slot and it is pretty nice stuff. I'm working on changing my cantilevered bed to a 3 lead screw bed now, but when I'm done I going to start a thread for it while I make it all nice and pretty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2016 04:15PM by gmh39.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 24, 2016 04:16PM
Kurzaa
I didn't think there were any kits available for CoreXY builds. Plans and designs sure, but kits and therefore the option to buy printed pieces, not so much.

If you do find plans / models for a design you would like to build from scratch, I imagine that you could get the parts printed from a local hackerspace, your public library, or 3D Printer Hubs.

SmartrapCore ALU is a CoreXY kit. Ships from Europe, but a kit nonetheless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2016 04:17PM by gmh39.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 24, 2016 04:19PM
Thanks Greg. I was not aware of that, will take a look.
February 24, 2016 08:15PM
misumi
February 24, 2016 08:53PM
Here is a partial kit [www.eclips3d.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login