Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another CoreXY Build

Posted by pelo13 
Another CoreXY Build
March 19, 2016 08:13AM
My CoreXY project i have finish a year ago .. and since then it's working flawless with only some minor maintenance .

The Build Volume is : 280x280x250 with silicone heated bed and it has temperature controlled build chamber... i mostly use it for ABS printing...
The wiring was a nightmare .. but all went well at the end.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2016 09:47AM by pelo13.
Re: Another CoreXY Build
March 19, 2016 02:18PM
That's a really cool looking build.

I'm just wondering what are all those potentiometers for?

The anti-backlash solution look nice too, but aren't you worried about increased wear on the screws with what looks to be metal nuts? I'm thinking to replace mine with delrin or printed ones, but if you've been using them for a year with no consequences, maybe I'm overthinking it...
March 19, 2016 03:27PM
Nice build indeed.
But there is no need of anti-backlash nuts because of the weight of the heatbed.
March 19, 2016 03:30PM
Thanks a lot Dalius !

This Potentiometers is for fan speed control one is for the fan from the chamber heater the other one for the two fans in the electronics compartment and the last one for Extruder.

In my first design i place only one nut in every threaten rod and above of them one Linear Bearing for stability ...and of course didn't work.. i have gaps in the layers of the print.
With this design which is very simple .. i just place a small piece of elastic tube that works like a spring but much stiffer (from a water cooling system from my old PC that laying around) between those two nuts and with the bottom plate i can arrange how match pressure i give in them..
after some testing i find the ideal pressure (not too match to wear) for working without any backlash.. and after a year with almost everyday use work's flawless
March 19, 2016 03:35PM
gforce1
Nice build indeed.
But there is no need of anti-backlash nuts because of the weight of the heatbed.

I was thinking the same when i build it .. but as i say above unfortunately i was wrong .... is not only the up and down moving of the Z axis.... when the printer works vibrates also ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login