Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware for Mega/Ramps CoreXY

Posted by PDBeal 
Firmware for Mega/Ramps CoreXY
July 14, 2016 09:45AM
So my primary CoreXY is using a Duet 0.8.5 controller which I feel is working great, and I've decided to rebuilt my Smartrap Mini into another CoreXY since most of the rod lengths will work without adjustment, but it has me wondering what firmware for the Mega/Ramps setup works better with CoreXY? I had tried Marlin and Repetier at one point before the change to the Duet 0.8.5.

Marlin isn't bad, but it bugs me the actual Release version is old, and the RC versions I've tried didn't work well enough to use. Repetier wasn't bad either, but it seemed to have issues trying to use a Z-Probe for Z min and Auto Bed leveling (a combo that works in Marlin and in the Rep Rap Firmware) What other options are there with good or better support for CoreXY for a Mega/Ramps setup?

I have no interest in buying a new controller setup or another 32-bit controller for this machine as the intent is to use it as a backup if something breaks on my primary machine or if I need the odd part while the other is busy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login