Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to buy a cast aluminium plate

Posted by oeyhaga 
Trying to buy a cast aluminium plate
August 07, 2016 07:06AM
Hi,

Im building a D-bot, and having a hard time getting a hold of a supplier that can sell me a cast aluminium plate like the Mic 6 at the measurement 300x300x6 (12"x12"x1/4") .
All the suppliers I find dont send to Norway... Anyone that can help?

Best regards Øyvind Haga
Re: Trying to buy a cast aluminium plate
August 09, 2016 09:14AM
There's a fellow repraper named "Gonzohs" selling cast+milled alu plates with optional PEI coating in the German part of the forums. Although meant for German users, I bought a 380x380 plate from him, with shipping to Lithuania. Might want to email him smiling smiley
link to his thread: [forums.reprap.org]
August 10, 2016 10:35AM
I bought mine from FilaFarm.de. Waay overpriced but it really was the only one i could found at the time. There are cheap milled plates on Motedis.de but they don't list any shipping costs for Norway.
August 10, 2016 12:18PM
Juggeli
There are cheap milled plates on Motedis.de but they don't list any shipping costs for Norway.
they are cheap, but has some problems:
1) the max width size is 200mm
2) thickness is 6mm or 10mm, not much choice...
3) not say much about flatness, not sure if can be used was a bed.

If some one buy from them it will be great to have the feedback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 12:19PM by filipeCampos.
August 12, 2016 02:12PM
There are generally significant differents in the material quality of casted plates.
i was searching for almost 2 years to find the ideal raw material.

The precision plates we have now are extremely accurate in the thickness.
Also the milling process is done by a professional local and slowly.
This allows us to use thinner plates, wich offer our costumers a fast heating and also fast cooling at less weight.

Here a 700x800mm FilaBase set, that includes one of our precision plates and a FilaPrint surface.

that will allow you to print large printed parts with a beautiful smooth bottom surface.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 11:23AM by Filafarm.

Onlinestore: www.filafarm.com & Galerie
August 13, 2016 10:55AM
Im sold. Your product look realy nice Filafarm. Im ordering now! Thanks

Ordered a 300x300 plate with silicon heater and Filaprint. Looks awesome!
[www.filafarm.de]

Oyvind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 10:57AM by oeyhaga.
February 06, 2019 12:36AM
Hi gentlemen,

If anyone is still looking for cast aluminium plates I deal with a company in South Africa called Aluminium Trading who supply all kinds of aluminium products. Due to the exchange rate, importing from South Africa is probably not an expensive exercise, particularly to the US since the Section 232 Duties were changed last year to allow imports of aluminium and stainless steel due to "national security" issues. South Africa has 2 of the biggest aluminium producers in Africa in Hulamin and Wispeco. If anyone is interested in Aluminium products from South Africa I am more than willing to point you in the right direction if you don't come right with the companies I have mentioned, this is not a sales pitch, I am not gaining anything by you purchasing products from South Africa, I'm just trying to add value to this thread.

Peace.
Shaytorn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2019 12:37AM by Shaytorn.
May 04, 2020 09:26AM
Hello Shayton

I realize this is an old thread, but i live in South Africa and know Alluminium Trading, may i ask what material spec and finish did you buy for your printer?

Would love some info on your bed?

Much Appreciate
Jonathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login