Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corexy movement Help

Posted by dthomas6184 
Re: Corexy movement Help
November 22, 2016 02:02AM
2 questions,

1. Are the LEDs and 1k resistor necessary for the operation of a heated PCB?

2. Has anyone here had any experience with the REX-C100 PID?
November 22, 2016 08:35AM
No, LED and resistor are not necessary. They are a convenience to show you when power is applied to the bed heater.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 08:35AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 22, 2016 09:09AM
If I were to mount some, do they need to be surface mount or can they be standard with the legs cut way down?
November 22, 2016 03:22PM
No. Yes.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 22, 2016 03:24PM
thanks
November 27, 2016 01:13AM
What does it mean when your z axis motor makes a strange whine at idle?
November 27, 2016 02:43AM
dthomas6184
What does it mean when your z axis motor makes a strange whine at idle?

It probably means that the Z motor driver is going into subharmonic oscillation. This is a common problem when using DRV8825 drivers configured in fast decay mode. It's harmless. If it bothers you, then if you have two Z motors wired in parallel, try wiring them in series instead. Don't forget to turn the Z motor current down to half its previous value.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 16, 2017 12:18AM
So after having to put the project on the back burner for a while I've been able to pull it back out. I'm running into an issue (I think) with z axis, It homes at a snail's pace and it travels in the wrong direction, the bed travels down| away from the hotend and endstop. Is there away to change those in the firmware?
March 16, 2017 12:22AM
dthomas6184
So after having to put the project on the back burner for a while I've been able to pull it back out. I'm running into an issue (I think) with z axis, It homes at a snail's pace and it travels in the wrong direction, the bed travels down| away from the hotend and endstop. Is there away to change those in the firmware?

You can almost certainly fix it by reconfiguring the firmware, but how you do it depends on which firmware you are using.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 16, 2017 08:23AM
I'm using Repetier firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login