Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hlidskjalf, Dual CoreXY

Posted by prot0typ1cal 
Re: Hlidskjalf, Dual CoreXY
May 29, 2017 07:38AM
@prot0typ1cal

very cool Project.
Can I sposoring a extension Sheet (v3) + Radds Thermocouple + 2xFan Adapter ?
9 Motors or ( Motors and a 2xfan 1x Thermocouple adapter ... you need it?
[forums.reprap.org]
[doku.radds.org]

best reguards
Angelo

Mein Club: [hackerspace-ffm.de]
RADDS-Shield -> Commercial [max3dshop.org]
May 30, 2017 02:26AM
Thanks angelo,
What I need now is a new 24V PSU, today my TDK-Lambda went belly up sad smiley
More fan controls would be nice. I have 2x 3-wire filament cooling fans with no place to plug them in.

Better news, here's a small update.
Learned how to micro-crimp and started wiring between beer and BBQ in honor of the brave.

Crux of the matter, seems I have one to many end stops. Would like to use a HallE between the carriages to prevent crashes.
Figured the best place would be to use the AUX-ADC port, guess I need to solder in some pins, and lean on dc42 for more code.
Pics of this weekends mash included...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2017 02:27AM by prot0typ1cal.
May 30, 2017 09:31AM
Before I noticed the mirror, I was thinking, this guy is building two of these monsters!?

Beautiful design, came together looking very clean. What are the wheels the belts run on?
May 30, 2017 08:11PM
"wheels" are 1" diameter POM idlers, and 40T GT2 pulleys. Both were bored out and duel bearings installed.

Another "DOH!"

I have a 7" PanelDue, and the instructions say "Wire it to the 5V, TX1, RX1, and GND pins on the RADDS' AUX1 header"...
Issue is that I have the 2 driver extension board, and Aux1 is already populated for the steppers for the two extruders.
May 31, 2017 01:55AM
Are the Tx1 and Rx1 pins connected to anything on the expansion board? I suspect they are not, in which case you could solder a 4-pin right angle header or Molex KK connector on the underside and connect the PanelDue to it. Or you could make up an adapter using a piece of stripboard.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 31, 2017 02:53AM
You could ask for the new V3 extension board. It has the pins you mentioned routed to a separate header to attach a WiFi module. ( Actually the same is true for the V2 board )

See http://doku.radds.org
May 31, 2017 03:07PM
Thanks dc42 and o_lampe, correct I have the V2 board without the wifi module.
Will make a pin adapter

That just leaves where to attach the Hall-E sensor for collision between the X and U carriages...
June 11, 2017 07:39PM

With tech help from TDK-Lambda, power supply is 100% at 24VDC/1000W woohoo!
Next week should get my ATP-5 aluminum bed material, and at that point wire up the extruders and work out a control panel/electrical box.
Got the 7" PanelDue hooked up, and arduino usb driver working.

Ready to flash the Due... only what do I use for this build?
Want to use Repetier, though RRF looks more mod friendly.

HELP!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 01:34AM by prot0typ1cal.
June 12, 2017 11:32AM
Alrighty...

Delving into the code realm.
Absolutely using RepRapFirmware, and add CoreXYU functionality.
Will also be looking at the PanelDue firmware to add "U" to the axis select for movement.
Requires the Hall-e between carriages on the AUX_ADC circuit.
More to follow.
June 12, 2017 12:59PM
Went here:
[configurator.reprapfirmware.org]

Generated files as close as possible, and downloaded zip, extracted.
I typically use Context for code. Some experience with Uscript for Unreal game engine, which is OOP. Haven't touched C++ in a really long time (20 years!).

Need to download the PanelDue src, figure need to know what the RADDS/Due is doing first with RRF, so will hold off on extending the GUI for now.

Time to dig.
June 12, 2017 01:27PM
Well, looks like ConTEXT is bunk, so installed Notepad++

Last RepRapFirmware for RADDS is over a year old:
[github.com]

Ramble on...
June 12, 2017 03:15PM
I have implemented CoreXYU for duet wifi version of reprap firmware for my printer prot0typ1cal. I will do a few final adjustments and pull request when David have reworked homing. Dunno much about your controller but maybe you can use something from my version, or buy a duet wifi/ethernet, I really find the hardware, support and community very good. smiling smiley
Heres a short clip of it in action: [youtu.be]
My git repository: [github.com]

Hope it it helps!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 03:24PM by lars.arvidson.
June 12, 2017 04:15PM
Thanks Lars!

Yea, looking over your code.
For RADDS/DUE imagine it will look something like this:
case 1:		// CoreXY
			machinePos[X_AXIS] = ((motorPos[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]) - (motorPos[Y_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS]))
										/(2 * axisFactors[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]);
			machinePos[Y_AXIS] = ((motorPos[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]) + (motorPos[Y_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS]))
										/(2 * axisFactors[Y_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]);
			machinePos[Z_AXIS] = motorPos[Z_AXIS]/stepsPerUnit[Z_AXIS];
			break;

case 4:            // CoreXYU
			machinePos[X_AXIS] = ((motorPos[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]) - (motorPos[Y_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS]))
								/(2 * axisFactors[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]);
			machinePos[Y_AXIS] = ((motorPos[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]) + (motorPos[Y_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS]))
								/(2 * axisFactors[Y_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[X_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[Y_AXIS]);
			machinePos[U_AXIS] = ((motorPos[U_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[V_AXIS]) - (motorPos[V_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[U_AXIS]))
								/(2 * axisFactors[V_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[U_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[V_AXIS]);
			machinePos[V_AXIS] = ((motorPos[U_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[V_AXIS]) + (motorPos[V_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[U_AXIS]))
								/(2 * axisFactors[V_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[U_AXIS] * stepsPerUnit[V_AXIS]);
			machinePos[Z_AXIS] = motorPos[Z_AXIS]/stepsPerUnit[Z_AXIS];
			break;

plus a lot of other stuff you touched on
June 15, 2017 01:46PM
Hey guys, add one more to the race! I've been doing some searching for quite some time for a 3D printer to design and build until I stumbled across this. I think the corexyu looks like a fantastic design. I am currently designing all of the parts in autocad and am mostly done doing so. I hope to be finished designing and testing various parts by august, and then be done building it by the end of august. My design is going to have...
  • 200mm x 200mm x 300mm build volume
  • Duet Wifi and Duex5
  • Dual E3D Titan Aeros
  • Extreme part cooling for PLA prints
  • 12mm XYU axis rods with Igus Drylin bearings
  • Nema 23 0.9deg XYU stepper motors for extra torque and accuracy
  • 10mm width gt2 belt
  • MK42 heated bed
  • 4 Contact points on bed corners (taz 6 like auto leveling)
  • Triple z axis for bed leveling adjustment
  • 24V Power for smoother stepper motor movement
  • Brass wire brush along Y axis to clean inactive nozzle
  • Hardened steel nozzles
  • and more...
I'm hoping that by the time I finish building the printer the triple z axis leveling feature will have been implemented into reprapfirmware.

Thanks prot0typ1cal for all of the information on the corexyu. I wouldn't have been able to make a project like this without it. Good luck guys!
June 15, 2017 04:05PM
Thanks bobbyd smiling smiley

Looking forward to see some CAD renders of your project.
June 15, 2017 11:55PM
dc42... am I to believe a RADDS version of RepRap is being worked on?

RepRapFirmware-RADDS-1.19beta6.bin

[github.com]

From the src file Pins_RADDS.h, looks to be out of date. The current max number of drives is 9 (line 21).

Plus, lars seems to be ahead on the coreXYU kinematics, and seems to only exist in his fork. Though lars is behind on the RADDS beta.

I've already registered on GitHub, if I can be of any assistance (like testing hint hint) all down for it smiling smiley
June 16, 2017 02:06AM
@prot0typ1cal, I usually produce RADDS binaries when I do a release, but I don't test them. Quite often someone else will test them and announce their findings on the RRF/RADDS thread in the Controllers section. I'd prefer it if a RADDS user took up the task of generating and testing RADDS builds instead of me producing untested ones.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 16, 2017 11:28AM
@ dc42, Challenge accepted.
June 16, 2017 11:51AM
prot0typ1cal
@ dc42, Challenge accepted.

Great! I've just released RRF 1.18.2. There is an untested RADDS build in the usual place within the master (not dev) branch. Also, please adjust the Pins_RADDS.h file to support the additional motors (or tell me what changes are needed), as long as nothing else is already using the same pins.

June 16, 2017 04:03PM
I was unaware of this. I use radds on one of my other builds I'm working on that is a cartesian with dual independent x carriages. Do you need feedback on just the corexyu or everything radds?
June 21, 2017 05:51PM
@bobbyd

dc42 is mainly a Duet guy. His version of RepRapFirmware also supports RADDS, even though the configuator doesn't list RADDS as a controller board.
[configurator.reprapfirmware.org]

I'm new to code, and am trying to figure out how to build a RADDS version with CoreXYU, and where is the bin file after building (compile).
June 22, 2017 02:37AM
Firmware 1.19beta7 includes the CoreXYU support. I hope to release it later today.

June 22, 2017 01:32PM
dc42
Firmware 1.19beta7 includes the CoreXYU support. I hope to release it later today.

Sweet, I'll keep an eye on GitHub. Gonna be a busy weekend smiling smiley
June 22, 2017 03:26PM
dc42
Great!
Did my first prints today! Still pretty ghetto and a lot to fix on the printer. I have seen better first layers but still a big milestone in my project! smiling smiley
[youtu.be]

Now I need more axis than 6 for bed leveling... Next firmware hack me think...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2017 03:31PM by lars.arvidson.
June 22, 2017 03:46PM
Something has been bugging me about this printer from the first post. How do you pronounce "Hlidskjalf"? It sounds like something you'd find in an Ikea catalog...

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 22, 2017 04:27PM
lars.arvidson
dc42
Great!
Did my first prints today! Still pretty ghetto and a lot to fix on the printer. I have seen better first layers but still a big milestone in my project! smiling smiley
[youtu.be]

That's awesome!!! Send some pics of some dual color test prints when you make them!

Also are you also gonna try and do the triple Z axis auto bed leveling?
June 22, 2017 04:36PM
the_digital_dentist
Something has been bugging me about this printer from the first post. How do you pronounce "Hlidskjalf"? It sounds like something you'd find in an Ikea catalog...

LOL,
Tools required: computer with internet access, monitor, mouse, and listening device.
1. Select the "play" right pointing blue triangle from the link below with the cursor on your monitor by depressing and releasing the left mouse button once. If you have sound and hearing enabled, hear your mouse "click", followed by sound to listen from your speaker or headphones.
2. Repeat step one for second right pointing blue triangle.
3. Repeat step one, or two, if necessary.

[forvo.com]
June 22, 2017 05:32PM
Jeez! OK, my next printer's name is going to be some tuuvan word that can only be throat sung...

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
June 22, 2017 07:23PM
i pronounce it headscalf. The J is silent.
June 22, 2017 07:28PM
lars.arvidson

[youtu.be]

Looking pretty damn nice if you ask me. You're first to print CoreXYU !!! /me jealous.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login