Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hlidskjalf, Dual CoreXY

Posted by prot0typ1cal 
Re: Hlidskjalf, Dual CoreXY
June 23, 2017 01:21AM
prot0typ1cal
Looking pretty damn nice if you ask me. You're first to print CoreXYU !!! /me jealous.
If you get Hlidskjalf printing soon we can call it a tie! smiling smiley
June 23, 2017 04:00AM
lars.arvidson
dc42
Firmware 1.19beta7 includes the CoreXYU support. I hope to release it later today.
Great!
Did my first prints today! Still pretty ghetto and a lot to fix on the printer. I have seen better first layers but still a big milestone in my project! smiling smiley
[youtu.be]

Now I need more axis than 6 for bed leveling... Next firmware hack me think...

Looks nice!

Why do you need more than 6 axes? You only need 3 Z "axes" for 3-point bed levelling, plus XYU makes 6. But I am considering adding another 3 axes A, B and C sometime in the future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 04:04AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 23, 2017 09:48AM
Well, corexyu use v as a hidden axis so that's a total of four plus three for z.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 09:49AM by lars.arvidson.
June 23, 2017 11:02AM
OK, I forgot it used V as well. You can probably just increase MaxAxes in Configuration.h to 6, change the AXES_ macro to take 9 parameters instead of 6, then find all 4 usages of AXES_ in the code and add the additional 3 arguments. I was planning to call the new axes A, B, C. The only complication I envisage is if any of the gcode commands that accepts axis letters already takes an A, B or C parameter to mean something else; but I can't think of any.

DuetWebControl and PanelDue would need modifying to display more than 6 visible axes, however you will still have only 4 axes visible so that doesn't matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 11:04AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 23, 2017 11:39AM
Finally got my Due flashed using Bossa.
Bastard wouldn't connect until used the native port.

Will be plugging it up to the RADDS tonight, and wiring up the extruders this weekend.

Still have to build my bed up, have the RepRap 300x300 big bed and a chunk of 1/4" ATP-5.
Plan on using a slab of concrete fiberboard under the heater for insulation.

Regarding axes, about homing the U, from what I gather it should home to the left (X minus).
Cartesian printers support this function for multiple heads, however looking at the code don't see this enabled for CoreXYU.
First need to hack my config... can't wait to see Hlidskjalf moving under its own power smiling smiley
June 23, 2017 01:04PM
I can post my config once I'm back home tomorrow evening. I home x left (low/min) and u right (high/max).
June 23, 2017 01:24PM
I am so far behind you guys. I'm still designing mine, and once I'm done that, I have to test all of the tolerances and then I have to save up because I'm just a poor college kid lol. I'm starting to doubt that I can finish by the end of summer.
June 23, 2017 03:34PM
bobbyd
I am so far behind you guys. I'm still designing mine, and once I'm done that, I have to test all of the tolerances and then I have to save up because I'm just a poor college kid lol. I'm starting to doubt that I can finish by the end of summer.

Dood, I started sketching back in August of last year. First CAD renders were posted on Thingiverse at the end of September. If I can get this puppy solid before a year passes, I'll consider myself lucky.
June 24, 2017 01:42PM
bobbyd
Also are you also gonna try and do the triple Z axis auto bed leveling?
I have 3 independent steppers on the Z-axis so I will use Z axis auto bed leveling.

bobbyd
Take your time, just ordering and receiving the components can take a lot of time.

lars.arvidson
I can post my config once I'm back home tomorrow evening. I home x left (low/min) and u right (high/max).
Looks like theres no way to active CoreXYU in beta 7 but I have made a pull request to fix it: [github.com]
Below is relevant parts of the config:
Config.g
G21                                 	; Work in millimetres
G90                                	; Send absolute coordinates...
M83                                 	; ...but relative extruder moves

; Axis and motor configuration
M584 Y5 X7 U8 V6 E3:4 Z0:1:2            ; Set up steppers for x, y, u, v, z and e, use P4 once it works to hide V
M574 X1 Y1 U2 S1			; set endstop configuration (all endstops at high end, active high)

; Core xyu
M669 K5 ; Select CoreXYU mode
M208 X-5 Y-5 U30 V-5 Z0 S1 ; Set axis minima
M208 X500 Y500 U563 V500 Z700 S0 ; Set axis maxima U600 - 37 = 563

M569 P0 S0 ; Drive 0 goes forwards Z
M569 P1 S0 ; Drive 1 goes forwards Z
M569 P2 S0 ; Drive 2 goes forwards Z
M569 P3 S0 ; Drive 3 goes forwards E0
M569 P4 S0 ; Drive 4 goes forwards E1
M569 P5 S0 ; Drive 5 goes forwards Y
M569 P6 S0 ; Drive 6 goes forwards V
M569 P7 S1 ; Drive 7 goes forwards X
M569 P8 S1 ; Drive 8 goes forwards U
M569 P9 S1 ; Drive 9 goes forwards

M350 X16 Y16 U16 V16 Z16 E16:16 I1 ; Configure microstepping with interpolation
M92 X160 Y160 U160 V160 Z1600 ; Set steps per mm
M566 X600 Y600 U600 V600 Z12 E60:60 ; Set maximum instantaneous speed changes (mm/min)
M203 X24000 Y24000 U24000 V24000 Z300 E1400:1400 ; Set maximum speeds (mm/min)
M201 X1500 Y1500 U1500 V1500 Z250 E120:120 ; Set accelerations (mm/s^2)
M906 X1700 Y1700 U1700 V1700 Z1700 E800:800 I30 ; Set motor currents (mA) and motor idle factor in per cent
M84 S30 ; Set idle timeout

; Tool definitions
M563 P0 D0 H1                       	; Define tool 0
G10 P0 S0 R0                        	; Set tool 0 operating and standby temperatures
;*** If you have a single-nozzle build, comment the next 2 lines
M563 P1 D1 H2 X3                     	; Define tool 1 and bind it to U-axis (X3)
G10 P1 S0 R0                       	; Set tool 1 operating and standby temperatures
M92 E2500:2500                       	; Set extruder steps per mm
The X3 in M563 for tool P1 is important!

tfree0.g
G90
G1 X0 F18000
tfree1.g
G90
G1 U558 F18000
tpost0.g
M116 P0           ; wait for tool 0 heaters to reach operating temperature
M83               ; relative extruder movement
G1 E2 F3600       ; extrude 2mm
tpost1.g
M116 P1           ; wait for tool 0 heaters to reach operating temperature
M83               ; relative extruder movement
G1 E2 F3600       ; extrude 2mm
homeall.g
G91                          ; relative mode
G1 S1 F3000 X-800 U800 Y-800 ; course home X, Y or U
G1 S1 X-800                  ; course home X
G1 S1 U800                   ; course home U
G1 S1 Y-800                  ; course home Y
G1 F600
G1 X4 U-4 Y4                        ; move away from the endstops
G1 S1 X-10                   ; fine home X
G1 S1 U10                    ; fine home U
G1 S1 Y-10                   ; fine home Y
; Z homing not yet implemented

G90
G1 X0 Y0 U558
G92 V0

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 02:59PM by lars.arvidson.
June 24, 2017 02:31PM
Thanks Lars.

Keeping an eye on Github. Though I'll need the RADDS version when dc42 gets to it :p
June 24, 2017 06:03PM
I was already planning to release beta 8 during next week, and I'll include the CoreXYU fixes in it.

June 25, 2017 07:43AM
I've committed the RRF source code fixes to CoreXYU configuration to github. I also added the ABC axes in the Duet WiFi/Ethernet configurations, but I haven't tested them yet. Nor have I done a release, because I am waiting for more feedback on beta7 in case anything else has broken, and I have other changes to make first before I write a test schedule.

June 25, 2017 10:41PM
If I build CoreNG for SAM3X8E, get

'Finished building target: libCoreNG.a'

When trying to build CoreNG for RADDS get:

./variants/RADDS/startup_sam3x.o: (.vectors+0x0): undefined reference to `_estack'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [CoreNG] Error 1

So, built CoreNg for SAM3X8E.

Building RepRapFirmware (beta7+1) for RADDS get the following,

c:/arduino-1.5.8/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCoreNG
make: *** [RepRapFirmware] Error 1

some other "Problems" include,

Assignment to itself 'ul-id=ul_id' resouce asf/commom/services/clock/sam3x/genclk.h
The type 'CoreXYUKinematics' must implement the inherited pure virtual method 'Kinematics::MotorStepsToCartesian' Kinematics.cpp /RepRapFirmware/src/Movement/Kinematics line 96 Code Analysis Problem

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2017 10:43PM by prot0typ1cal.
June 26, 2017 03:31AM
You need to build CoreNG for RADDS. I just did a clean build and it works for me. From the message you are getting, I think it may be trying to build an executable instead of a library. In C/C++ Build->Settings->Build Artifact, check that the type is set to Static Library when you select the RADDS configuration (the same as for the other configurations). Or get a fresh copy of the .project and .cproject files from github, Refresh the project, and try building again.

June 27, 2017 03:37AM
Fresh copies, check.

Okay, set CoreNG to build as a Static Library.
Now makes a CoreNG.a in C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\RADDS

However, still can't get RRF to build. Been hammering away on all kinds of settings and Google searches to no avail.
From the Properties>C/C++Build>Settings>Build Steps
It appears the output should be a *.elf (executable), so set Build Artifact to Executable with extension of elf.
Still get an error:
'Building target: RepRapFirmware.elf'
'Invoking: Cross G++ Linker'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -L"C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\RADDS" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -mcpu=cortex-m3 -TC:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\variants\RADDS\linker_scripts\gcc\flash.ld -Wl,-Map,C:\Eclipse\Firmware\RepRapFirmware\RADDS/RepRapFirmware.map -o "RepRapFirmware.elf"  -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group   ./src/Storage/FileStore.o ./src/Storage/MassStorage.o  ./src/RADDS/Network.o  ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CartesianKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreBaseKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXYKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXYUKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXZKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/Kinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/LinearDeltaKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/ScaraKinematics.o  ./src/Movement/BedProbing/Grid.o ./src/Movement/BedProbing/RandomProbePointSet.o  ./src/Movement/DDA.o ./src/Movement/DriveMovement.o ./src/Movement/Move.o  ./src/Libraries/sha1/sha1.o  ./src/Libraries/Math/Isqrt.o  ./src/Libraries/General/StringRef.o  ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/ccsbcs.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/diskio.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/fattime_rtc.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/ff.o  ./src/Heating/Sensors/CpuTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/CurrentLoopTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/RtdSensor31865.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/SpiTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/TemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/Thermistor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/ThermocoupleSensor31855.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/TmcDriverTemperatureSensor.o  ./src/Heating/FOPDT.o ./src/Heating/Heat.o ./src/Heating/Pid.o ./src/Heating/TemperatureError.o  ./src/GCodes/GCodeBuffer.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeInput.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeMachineState.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeQueue.o ./src/GCodes/GCodes.o ./src/GCodes/GCodes2.o  ./src/Fan.o ./src/OutputMemory.o ./src/Platform.o ./src/PrintMonitor.o ./src/RepRap.o ./src/RepRapFirmware.o ./src/Roland.o ./src/Scanner.o   -lCoreNG -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc
c:/arduino-1.5.8/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCoreNG
make: *** [RepRapFirmware.elf] Error 1
June 27, 2017 06:24PM
The collect2.exe program should be part of your Arduino GCC installation I think. I suggest you search for it, and if you find it, make sure it is on PATH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2017 06:26PM by dc42.

June 28, 2017 02:18AM
dc42
The collect2.exe program should be part of your Arduino GCC installation I think. I suggest you search for it, and if you find it, make sure it is on PATH.

Did that, same message.(added to PATH, in Properties>C/C++ Build>Environment)

Also tried adding (then removing after error) the CoreNG/RADDS directory to anywhere and everywhere because of "ld.exe: cannot find -1CoreNG".
Only cause it's listed in the Cross G++ Linker>Libraries. And done wrong messes up the objects.mk file in the RepRapFirmware/RADDS directory (new error message). Ended up restoring back, just like all the other stuff I tried that didn't work.
Hours of fail, though am getting good at navigating Eclipse and crushing empty Dr Pepper cans.
June 28, 2017 02:49AM
I'd be very interested in a "walkthrough" to make my own RRF version ( especially for RADDS ) but I failed following the BuildInstructions.md.
I just saw there is a new version of the instructions, maybe now I find the Eclipse compiler... ( Don't try to search for "Eclipse" winking smiley )

It would be very kind of you David, if you could give some pointers in a separate thread. ( Duet folder here or Duet3D forum )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2017 02:49AM by o_lampe.
June 29, 2017 02:48AM
Right then,

Found 2 issues why the "cannot find: -1CoreNG

1. When building CoreNG for RADDS, eclipse left the "lib" prefix off, making CoreNG.a invisible until renamed to libCoreNG.a
easy fix, in properties>C/C++ Build>Settings>Build Artifact, not only set Artifact Type to Static Library, Artifact extension to a, also set Output prefix to lib. For some reason prefix was blank.
Then of course there was setting properties>C/C++ Build, Configurtion to RADDS active, done way back when 1st importing the project.

2. In RepRapFirmware properties>C/C++ Build>Settings>Build Artifact, set Artifact type to Executable, with the extension elf.
Then in properties>C/C++ Build>Settings>Tool Settings>Cross G++ Linker>Libraries, changed "${CoreName}/RADDS/}" to "${workspace_loc:/${CoreName}/RADDS/}"

Unfortunately after a long list of warning, we get to the old error:

And yes, collect2.exe directory is included in properties>C/C++ Build>Environment>PATH (C:\Arduino-1.5.8\hardware\tools\gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.8.3)
Along with the *make* (C:\Arduino-1.5.8\hardware\arduino\sam\system\CMSIS\Examples\cmsis_example\gcc_arm).

I posted the "Paths" above, because on my next fresh drop of the project RepRapFirmware, will need to add them again, again... so i can just cut-n-paste them off this post.
June 29, 2017 03:53AM
Maybe you could try setting it on the windows path?
June 29, 2017 04:44AM
I just remembered, Eclipse uses its own path to search for tools. In the project properties, go to C/C++ Build -> Environment and check the PATH variable there.

July 01, 2017 04:38PM
PATH for collect is in the Environment, so I don't think that is the issue.

Here's the complete list of errors for the binary:

make all 
'Building target: RepRapFirmware.elf'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -L"C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\RADDS" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -mcpu=cortex-m3 -TC:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\variants\RADDS\linker_scripts\gcc\flash.ld -Wl,-Map,C:\Eclipse\Firmware\RepRapFirmware\RADDS/RepRapFirmware.map -o "RepRapFirmware.elf"  -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group   ./src/Storage/FileStore.o ./src/Storage/MassStorage.o  ./src/RADDS/Network.o  ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CartesianKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreBaseKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXYKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXYUKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXZKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/Kinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/LinearDeltaKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/ScaraKinematics.o  ./src/Movement/BedProbing/Grid.o ./src/Movement/BedProbing/RandomProbePointSet.o  ./src/Movement/DDA.o ./src/Movement/DriveMovement.o ./src/Movement/Move.o  ./src/Libraries/sha1/sha1.o  ./src/Libraries/Math/Isqrt.o  ./src/Libraries/General/StringRef.o  ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/ccsbcs.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/diskio.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/fattime_rtc.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/ff.o  ./src/Heating/Sensors/CpuTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/CurrentLoopTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/RtdSensor31865.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/SpiTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/TemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/Thermistor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/ThermocoupleSensor31855.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/TmcDriverTemperatureSensor.o  ./src/Heating/FOPDT.o ./src/Heating/Heat.o ./src/Heating/Pid.o ./src/Heating/TemperatureError.o  ./src/GCodes/GCodeBuffer.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeInput.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeMachineState.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeQueue.o ./src/GCodes/GCodes.o ./src/GCodes/GCodes2.o  ./src/Fan.o ./src/OutputMemory.o ./src/Platform.o ./src/PrintMonitor.o ./src/RepRap.o ./src/RepRapFirmware.o ./src/Roland.o ./src/Scanner.o   -lCoreNG -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc
./src/Heating/Sensors/TemperatureSensor.o: In function `TemperatureSensor::Create(unsigned int)':
TemperatureSensor.cppsad smiley.text._ZN17TemperatureSensor6CreateEj+0x84): warning: undefined reference to `ThermocoupleSensor31856::ThermocoupleSensor31856(unsigned int)'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes::GCodes(Platform&)':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodesC2ER8Platform+0x3a): warning: undefined reference to `RestorePoint::RestorePoint()'
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodesC2ER8Platform+0x42): warning: undefined reference to `RestorePoint::RestorePoint()'
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodesC2ER8Platform+0x4a): warning: undefined reference to `RestorePoint::RestorePoint()'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes:confused smileyetOrReportOffsets(GCodeBuffer&, StringRef&)':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes18SetOrReportOffsetsER11GCodeBufferR9StringRef+0x18e): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::GetVariables(float*, float*) const'
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes18SetOrReportOffsetsER11GCodeBufferR9StringRef+0x1c4): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:confused smileyetVariables(float const*, float const*)'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes::ManageTool(GCodeBuffer&, StringRef&)':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes10ManageToolER11GCodeBufferR9StringRef+0xec): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::Create(int, char const*, long*, unsigned int, long*, unsigned int, unsigned long, unsigned long)'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes:confused smileyetToolHeaters(Tool*, float)':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes14SetToolHeatersEP4Toolf+0x10): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::GetVariables(float*, float*) const'
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes14SetToolHeatersEP4Toolf+0x2e): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:confused smileyetVariables(float const*, float const*)'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes::LoadFilament(GCodeBuffer&, StringRef&, bool&)':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes12LoadFilamentER11GCodeBufferR9StringRefRb+0x104): warning: undefined reference to `Filament::IsInUse(char const*)'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes::Reset()':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes5ResetEv+0xfa): warning: undefined reference to `RestorePoint::Init()'
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes5ResetEv+0x102): warning: undefined reference to `RestorePoint::Init()'
./src/GCodes/GCodes.o: In function `GCodes:confused smileypin()':
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes4SpinEv+0x308): warning: undefined reference to `Filament::Unload()'
GCodes.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes4SpinEv+0x59c): warning: undefined reference to `Filament::Load(char const*)'
./src/GCodes/GCodes2.o: In function `GCodes::HandleMcode(GCodeBuffer&, StringRef&)':
GCodes2.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6GCodes11HandleMcodeER11GCodeBufferR9StringRef+0x58d0): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:grinning smileyefineMix(float const*)'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap:confused smileypin()':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap4SpinEv+0x78): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:grinning smileyisplayColdExtrudeWarning()'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap::EmergencyStop()':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap13EmergencyStopEv+0x10): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:confused smileytandby()'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap::AddTool(Tool*)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap7AddToolEP4Tool+0x34): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::UpdateExtruderAndHeaterCount(unsigned short&, unsigned short&) const'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap:tongue sticking out smileyrintTool(int, StringRef&) const':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZNK6RepRap9PrintToolEiR9StringRef+0x2e): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:tongue sticking out smileyrint(StringRef&)'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap:confused smileytandbyTool(int)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap11StandbyToolEi+0x30): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:confused smileytandby()'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap:confused smileyelectTool(int)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap10SelectToolEi+0x1a): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::Activate(Tool*)'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap:grinning smileyeleteTool(Tool*)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap10DeleteToolEP4Tool+0x5a): warning: undefined reference to `Tool:grinning smileyelete(Tool*)'
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap10DeleteToolEP4Tool+0x76): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::UpdateExtruderAndHeaterCount(unsigned short&, unsigned short&) const'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap::GetProhibitedExtruderMovements(unsigned int, unsigned int)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap30GetProhibitedExtruderMovementsEjj+0x4e): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::ToolCanDrive(bool)'
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap30GetProhibitedExtruderMovementsEjj+0x6e): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::ToolCanDrive(bool)'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap::FlagTemperatureFault(signed char)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap20FlagTemperatureFaultEa+0x4): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::FlagTemperatureFault(signed char)'
./src/RepRap.o: In function `RepRap::ClearTemperatureFault(signed char)':
RepRap.cppsad smiley.text._ZN6RepRap21ClearTemperatureFaultEa+0x18): warning: undefined reference to `Tool::ClearTemperatureFault(signed char)'
c:/arduino-1.5.8/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7-m\libg.a(lib_a-sbrkr.o): In function `_sbrk_r':
sbrkr.csad smiley.text._sbrk_r+0xc): warning: undefined reference to `_sbrk'
July 01, 2017 05:46PM
Looks like you updated the files from the latest commit, but you didn't Refresh the project. So it's not compiling files that were added or moved in that commit.

July 01, 2017 09:55PM
Okay, did a "Refresh".
No warnings.
Just the same old error:

'Building target: RepRapFirmware'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -L"C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\RADDS" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -mcpu=cortex-m3 -TC:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\variants\RADDS\linker_scripts\gcc\flash.ld -Wl,-Map,C:\Eclipse\Firmware\RepRapFirmware\RADDS/RepRapFirmware.map -o "RepRapFirmware"  -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group   ./src/Tools/Filament.o ./src/Tools/Tool.o  ./src/Storage/FileStore.o ./src/Storage/MassStorage.o  ./src/RADDS/Network.o  ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CartesianKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreBaseKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXYKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXYUKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/CoreXZKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/Kinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/LinearDeltaKinematics.o ./src/Movement/Kinematics/ScaraKinematics.o  ./src/Movement/BedProbing/Grid.o ./src/Movement/BedProbing/RandomProbePointSet.o  ./src/Movement/DDA.o ./src/Movement/DriveMovement.o ./src/Movement/Move.o  ./src/Libraries/sha1/sha1.o  ./src/Libraries/Math/Isqrt.o  ./src/Libraries/General/StringRef.o  ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/ccsbcs.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/diskio.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/fattime_rtc.o ./src/Libraries/Fatfs/ff.o  ./src/Heating/Sensors/CpuTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/CurrentLoopTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/RtdSensor31865.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/SpiTemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/TemperatureSensor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/Thermistor.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/ThermocoupleSensor31855.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/ThermocoupleSensor31856.o ./src/Heating/Sensors/TmcDriverTemperatureSensor.o  ./src/Heating/FOPDT.o ./src/Heating/Heat.o ./src/Heating/Pid.o ./src/Heating/TemperatureError.o  ./src/GCodes/GCodeBuffer.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeInput.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeMachineState.o ./src/GCodes/GCodeQueue.o ./src/GCodes/GCodes.o ./src/GCodes/GCodes2.o ./src/GCodes/RestorePoint.o  ./src/Fan.o ./src/OutputMemory.o ./src/Platform.o ./src/PortControl.o ./src/PrintMonitor.o ./src/RepRap.o ./src/RepRapFirmware.o ./src/Roland.o ./src/Scanner.o   -lCoreNG -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc
c:/arduino-1.5.8/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7-m\libg.a(lib_a-sbrkr.o): In function `_sbrk_r':
sbrkr.csad smiley.text._sbrk_r+0xc): warning: undefined reference to `_sbrk'
make: *** [RepRapFirmware] Error 1

Same if the artifact extension is elf.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 09:59PM by prot0typ1cal.
July 02, 2017 11:53AM
Somehow you have not picked up the full project settings from github or you/Eclipse have modified them, because several of your settings have been wrong. Here is another one. In the C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross G++ Linker page of the project properties, check the value of "Command line pattern". It should be:

${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${LINK_FLAGS_1} ${workspace_loc:/${CoreName}/RADDS/cores/arduino/syscalls.o} ${INPUTS} ${LINK_FLAGS_2}

You seem to be missing the bit that ends in syscalls.o because _sbrk is defined in that module.

July 02, 2017 01:42PM
Mine looks the same, straight cut-n-paste from my install of Eclipse Neon2 Linker Expert settings Command line pattern:

${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${LINK_FLAGS_1} ${workspace_loc:/${CoreName}/RADDS/cores/arduino/syscalls.o} ${INPUTS} ${LINK_FLAGS_2}

Confirmed file by navigating in Windows, C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\RADDS\cores\arduino\syscalls.o
July 02, 2017 04:11PM
Well the syscalls.o bit doesn't appear in the linker command line that you quoted 3 posts ago, but it does in mine when I link the RADDS build, right after --start-group.

July 02, 2017 09:08PM
Yea, when I build Lars' fork for Duet, it lists the syscalls.o and builds fine.
'll try deleting the reprapfirmware project and importing it new rather than refreshing it.

EDIT:

Same error sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 09:37PM by prot0typ1cal.
July 02, 2017 10:32PM
Pikefish seemed to have an identical error,

[www.duet3d.com]

IDK, just seem to be going faster in ever decreasing circles...
July 03, 2017 02:41AM
Downloaded beta8 bin and wrote and verified it to the Arduino Due.
Powered up and now the PanelDue is stuck "connecting".
Traced all the leads, all contacts are solid on the 4 pin outs Tx to Din and Rx to Dout, obviously V+ and gnd are correct otherwise there'd be no display at all.
config.g and PanelDue both set at 57600 baud.
'bout the PanelDue, really like the "Dark" display, maybe it's just my current mood :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login