RUMBA controller
Stepper drivers are DRV 8825's (all 6)
32 micro bit stepping
Diamond hot end
(Red, Green, Blue filaments)
Dual Z stepper motors
Full RepRap graphics display
Heated bed

I've been trying to get Repetier firmware to work with this setup and have been unsuccessful. If anyone has the same setup would you please consider sharing your configuration.h, pins.h and any other files you may have modified.

thank you for your consideration
Re: Repetier firmware help please
February 08, 2017 08:51AM
I don't have firmware for that setup, but maybe I can help with the firmware. What issues are you having?
February 08, 2017 03:42PM
Thanks

I am using dual stepper motors on the Z axis. The movement is no where near what it should be. Not only is it very slow movement it also does not move the proper amount.

If I change to Marlin firmware the motors work as expected, but reload Repetier firmware and it's back to the slow movement.

As far as I can tell the settings are the same in both firmware, so it must be something that I don't know about.

Also I am not sure if I have the Diamond extruder setup correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

***UPDATE***
Ok after some experimentation I got the Z steppers working ok. Turns out I just needed to balance the settings better.
The default settings for HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z was set to 100, that's too high for this machine, changed it to 5.
Combine that with having the ZAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM set to low (160), changed it to 3200 and now it's good. 100mm now = 100mm

Still not sure about the Diamond setting yet but at least now the motors are working properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 05:06PM by kd6hq.
February 09, 2017 10:55AM
RepRap.org/wiki/Rumba
It shows:

#define HEATER_0_PIN 2 // EXTRUDER 1
#define HEATER_1_PIN 3 // EXTRUDER 2
#define HEATER_2_PIN 6 // EXTRUDER 3
//optional FAN1 can be used as 4th heater output: #define HEATER_3_PIN 8 // EXTRUDER 4
#define HEATER_BED_PIN 9 // BED

#define TEMP_0_PIN 15 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_1_PIN 14 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_2_PIN 13 // ANALOG NUMBERING
//optional for extruder 4 or chamber: #define TEMP_2_PIN 12 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_BED_PIN 11 // ANALOG NUMBERING

In the file that is generated by the Repetier configuration.h file generator the pins.h file shows:

// EXTRUDER 1
#define HEATER_0_PIN 2
// EXTRUDER 2
#define HEATER_2_PIN 3
// EXTRUDER 3
#define HEATER_3_PIN 6
//optional FAN1 can be used as 4th heater output: #define HEATER_4_PIN 8 // EXTRUDER 4
// BED
#define HEATER_1_PIN 9

// ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_0_PIN 15
#define TEMP_2_PIN 14
#define TEMP_3_PIN 13
//optional for extruder 4 or chamber: #define TEMP_2_PIN 12 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_1_PIN 11

It is my understanding from reading some of the Marlin information that normally TEMP_2_PIN is used for the 3rd extruder motor for a Diamond hot end.
Yet in the Repeiter firmware it is taken out of order so as to make it appear that TEMP_0_PIN 15, TEMP_2_PIN 14 AND TEMP_3_PIN 13 should be used.

Anyone know which one is correct?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login