Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AliExpress CoreXY Kit Questions

Posted by ianiro 
AliExpress CoreXY Kit Questions
March 28, 2017 07:03PM
Hello,
I am looking at a CoreXY kit on AliExpress (specifically this kit: goo.gl/mFZeOz) I have a few questions about it though, as I am new to building printers I apologize if they come off as dumb questions.
1) How tough are these to assemble? Is there documentation to help guide me through the process?
2) How hard is it to setup the dual extruder as opposed to the single extruder? The dual extruder would be beneficial for me as some of the objects I design would benefit greatly from dissolvable support material.
Overall I am just looking for suggestions and input from those of you who are more experienced in building these than I am.
Re: AliExpress CoreXY Kit Questions
March 28, 2017 08:12PM
Chinese kits are cheap for a reason, expect the supplied documentation to be bad. If there are any faults with the kit it will be difficult to return it, and there will be little to no warranty.

Dual extruders are not difficult to set up, but most will suggest you dial in one extruder first before attempting to dial in two. A quick search of the forums will show you the problems people have with Chinese kits and/or dual extruders.
March 28, 2017 08:23PM
Hi.

In mtv opinion, chinese kits are great learning experiences and as long as you are ok with putting in time troubleshooting (not expecting to build and print) you can learn a great deal before deciding to move up to a better printer (or even building your own)

Also, since you'll end up replacing the hotend anyway with a chinese kit, there is no point in getting a dual extrusion kit.
April 21, 2017 03:41AM
Agreed with the former posters: I started with a prusa style Chinese kit. Learned a ton about troubleshooting.
If you are confident enough to build a coreX-Y printer, I suggest to build one like the Hypercube: [www.thingiverse.com]
Tec2C has designed this printer and made an excellent video buildlog. If you watch his video's you should be able to construct a printer like that, even without prior 3D print experience.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login