Posted by DaHai8 
Looking for a 3D Printer that meets these specs:
April 08, 2017 09:57PM
All Metal Hot-End
Hardened Nozzle
Enclosed Case
HEPA + Carbon Filter
Heated Bed

Basically, I want to be able to print with all the different materials available, safely.

The closest I've found so far is the Fusion3 F400, but its too expensive for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 10:01PM by DaHai8.
Re: Looking for a 3D Printer that meets these specs:
April 08, 2017 10:20PM
yikes, 4 grand for deldrin wheels and twine on 2020 extrusions. That is too expensive.
April 09, 2017 07:00PM
Let's design one. I've noticed that the majority of new CoreXY designs are "lone wolf" endeavors. Sometimes I wonder what this community could do given a proper Slack chat, Github repo, and CAD system. Instead of undercutting a traditional printer we could work on a system that suits the needs of Reprappers, not of consumers/businesses. Also, the more people that are gathered to work on this, the better the final product could be. I've found that the hardest part of building my custom CoreXY was the small details on the systems I wasn't interested in. Taking the best skills and designs from all of these printers would be pretty sweet.
April 09, 2017 07:16PM
Assume since it is in coreXY section
coreXY?

How about important specs?

Print volume
Print speed
1.75 / 3 mm filament
controller

A $500 Folgertech FT-5 with some mods might get you close? (not core xy)

[folgertech.com]

All Metal Hot-End
Hardened Nozzle
Enclosed Case
HEPA + Carbon Filter
Heated Bed

confused smiley
April 09, 2017 10:53PM
FolgerTech looks like an excellent start.
I like the fact it has two z-axis motors and 4 rods for better bed stability, though they are belt driven and not direct drive.
For me, a minimum build area of 200x200x200 is preferred, and that printer easily exceeds that.
For the hot-end, I also like the E3Dv6 with a direct drive, not bowden
A basic Arduino board + Ramps 1.4 running Marlin - keep it inexpensive.
1.75mm filament as 3mm seems to be going away
I don't care much about speed, prefer quality. So 50mm/s is fine for me.
I have thought about building one myself, but I have limited access to a hardware store for plexiglass/acrylic and can't seem to find small/cheap HEPA/Carbon filters systems.
I'd like it to look professional as well.
April 10, 2017 10:30AM
MatthewHall
Let's design one. I've noticed that the majority of new CoreXY designs are "lone wolf" endeavors. Sometimes I wonder what this community could do given a proper Slack chat, Github repo, and CAD system. Instead of undercutting a traditional printer we could work on a system that suits the needs of Reprappers, not of consumers/businesses. Also, the more people that are gathered to work on this, the better the final product could be. I've found that the hardest part of building my custom CoreXY was the small details on the systems I wasn't interested in. Taking the best skills and designs from all of these printers would be pretty sweet.

How are the needs of reprappers different from consumers and businesses? Does the machine have to be full of plastic parts? Does it have to require constant tweaking to get it working? Does it have to incorporate common design errors like two motor Z axes and 4 point bed "leveling", and common cheapskate compromises like unreliable extruders, hot-ends, and 8 bit controllers?

I don't know of anyone who has built a CoreXY machine as their first printer- they have the appearance of mechanical complexity that scares a lot of noobs away. People seem to find their way to CoreXY after having some experience with other machine architectures. I think the reason that CoreXY machines are largely lone-wolf projects is because the people building them aren't satisfied with the commercial offerings, and different designers have different priorities. Getting a bunch of them to agree on one set of goals, let alone the implementations of them, will be like herding cats.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 10, 2017 04:58PM
MatthewHall

Whats wrong with the current 'lonewolf' endeavours? It's not particularly difficult to design one, so most people with the capability to do so, just do it.....

Too many cooks they say.....
April 11, 2017 02:38AM
TBH, I believe it is already a comunity design because no one will start his lone wolf project with a white sheet of paper.
I myself have studied some of the popular designs on thingiverse and picked the one where I saw the best potential to implement my own ideas.
Once it is working, I present my remix and other wolfs will probably start from there.
April 11, 2017 07:18AM
My coreXY machine started with looking at a lot of other builds, and as usual, I didn't like much of what I saw, so I took out a white sheet of paper.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
April 11, 2017 01:24PM
A mod I would do on FT-5 is drive both Z axis screws with one belt.
It is a direct drive extruder and will accommodate a E3D Titan

Buy and print
or
Build (6 months) tweak, tweak again, print, tweak, rebuild?

Hepa filter? Professional looking? Red, chrome,
auto braking, lane departure warning, bidet, griddle????

ie:

Are you looking for cheesecake on a twinkie budget

Are you doing crepes without a Culinary degree?

confused smiley

DaHai8
FolgerTech looks like an excellent start.
I like the fact it has two z-axis motors and 4 rods for better bed stability, though they are belt driven and not direct drive.
April 11, 2017 08:25PM
Won't ever be able to make crepes if you wait till you get your culinary degree to make crepes. Crepe while you can. The best way to learn is to make mistakes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 08:26PM by Qdeathstar.
April 12, 2017 08:26AM
Well, this is quickly degenerating...I'll continue looking on my own.
Thanks anyway.
April 12, 2017 10:47AM
My first one was a CoreXY I designed and built myself with Hiwin guides and maybe 6 printed parts. But it is much more complicated than a cartesian system. Aluminum is the way to go.
April 12, 2017 08:39PM
We are 3D printing Degenerates ?

confused smiley
April 13, 2017 08:02AM
Can you 3D print crepes?
April 13, 2017 08:02AM
What about degenerating crepes?
April 13, 2017 11:58AM
The FolgerTech FT-5 probably could be converted to coreXY without a lot of effort, as there's two motors on the Y alreadythat can be used for the CoreXY.
That frees up the X motor, removing it from the gantry. Seriously, FolgerTech should offer coreXY as an option for the FT-5. Yea, you'll need more pulleys/idlers and longer belts, brackets, etc.
BTW, if you join the FolgerTech facebook page, there's a code in the sticky for 10% off, which covers the shipping for the FT-5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login