Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Mighty Quin.

Posted by deckingman 
The Mighty Quin.
July 28, 2017 09:24AM
Decided to give my printer a name "The Mighty Quin". Yeh cheesy I know but it's big (so "Mighty") and has 5 of a lot of things (so "Quin"). Here is a little video showing the latest evolution of it [www.youtube.com].

The main changes are that it's now 5 colour (but interchangeable with my existing 3 colour hot ends), so has 5 E3D Titans instead of 3 and the extruder gantry is now a fully driven CoreXY in it's own right. So the extruders follow the hot end, rather than being passively dragged around by it.

Everything moves, heats and homes but that's as far as I've got with it so far.

Ian

[somei3deas.wordpress.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Re: The Mighty Quin.
July 28, 2017 12:31PM
That's pretty awesome!

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
July 28, 2017 12:50PM
the_digital_dentist
That's pretty awesome!

Coming from you Mark, I'll take that as a compliment. Lets see how it prints though - that'll be the real test. Fingers crossed.........

Ian
July 28, 2017 08:29PM
Looks great but you might want to rethink the name as it sounds an awful lot like the mighty quim winking smiley
July 29, 2017 03:14AM
Origamib
Looks great but you might want to rethink the name as it sounds an awful lot like the mighty quim winking smiley

Had to Google that - never heard of them - I'm an old guy who remembers the song "The Mighty Quinn" (Quinn the Eskimo) by Manfred Mann from 1968.
July 29, 2017 03:50PM
deckingman
Origamib

Had to Google that - never heard of them - I'm an old guy who remembers the song "The Mighty Quinn" (Quinn the Eskimo) by Manfred Mann from 1968.

I'm not sure we are looking at the same Google results... Quim is an old English word meaning err.... A ladies genitals
August 01, 2017 07:17PM
The Mighty Monster, pity Black Widow might have already gone as the 5 extruders look like a Mech Spider Mite/Mighty.

"The Quim is Mightier Than the Quill"

...you aint seen nuthin like a mighty Qui.....they where real high.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2017 11:19PM by MechaBits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login