Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone mail me a working Marlin / RAMPS setup?

Posted by HugoW 
Can someone mail me a working Marlin / RAMPS setup?
August 13, 2017 01:06AM
Hi,

for some odd reason, I cannot get my machine to move. I tried a lot, the machine thinks it moves (changes x, y and z dimensions on the LCD), the hot-end works for real, but the motors are not energized. I hope I did something wrong in the Marlin set-up, but I cannot find it. Would someone be so kind as to send me a working CoreXY Marlin set-up to upload to the Arduino Mega? The settings don't really matter, I just want to see if it would energise the motors. I can adjust the settings myself if it does, one step at a time, so I can undo something if it stops working after a change.

Please PM me for my e-mail address if you can help me. I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Hugo
Re: Can someone mail me a working Marlin / RAMPS setup?
August 13, 2017 08:36AM
Did you plug motor drivers into the RAMPS board? Did you plug them in the right way?

Check the wiring to the motors. You may need to swap the wires- motors are two coils- you can find which wires are pairs using a multimeter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 08:37AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
August 13, 2017 10:09AM
Sending you a working ramps config won't tell you much because it would work for my printer but not for yours.

The ramps board has little stepper motor driver breakout boards that plug into the board, I assume you have these plugged in and have adjusted the little pot to increase the current to the steppers.

Also, issue command M119 to check the status of your end stops, to make sure they aren't triggered. The motors won't move if the endstop configured incorrectly.
August 14, 2017 03:00AM
Finally issue found, a bad driver. I replaced it with a similar one and now it all works.

Cheers,

Hugo
August 16, 2017 01:22PM
If it breaks again, throw it out. Get a Smoothieboard or Duet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login